Help With County Fair Cake

Decorating By luelue1971 Updated 21 Jul 2008 , 6:16am by kimmypooh79

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 3:14am
post #1 of 3

I'm thinking of entering a decorated cake in my county fair and I don'tknow what to do. I was thinking of a stacked cake incorporating the fair logo.

I couldn't copy it so here's the link. http://www.dekalbcountyfair.us/

TIA

2 replies
Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 3

I'm with you, I'm not sure what to enter into my fair either.

I do like the black an white logo, with the little bit of red to make it pop. That would really stand out on a cake.

What are the red things? I thought they kinds looked liked boxing gloves but wasn't sure.

It would be neat if you could make a lightbulb out of fondant to stand on top of the cake. You could make a banner out of fondant with says DeKalbCounty Fair an prop it up. On the bottom tier you could do it white an then do like the skyline in black. The second tier could have the starburst on it, oh an you could do a small pair of gloves laying on the top.

Okay, none of this may have made sense. If it didn't let me know, I have a photo saved shows the skyline of a city around a cake. Your's could be the same, just of the fair skyline.

Good Luck!! I think it will be really neat!

Happy Baking Katie!!

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 6:16am
post #3 of 3

I wanted to enter something in the coffee county fair but they never have their site updated until like the lasst minute.....it's so annoying.

Research the county history and try to incorporate some of that into the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%