Doug....anyone... How Would I Do This As Cake?

Decorating By Juds2323 Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 10:47pm by Molly2

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:45am
post #1 of 5

Hi there:

I need help. I really want to do one of the following images for my son's birthday as a sculpted cake. I don't need a ton of cake pretty small family. Not sure how to do it (support, etc). I really like the one under the hat the best but I think the banana one would be easier.

Thanks in advance.

Judi
LL
LL

4 replies
Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 9:14am
post #2 of 5

I thinking perhaps you could buy a 3D Wilton pan like the 3D Elmo and convert it a bit to make the monkey, use a bit of rkt to make the monkey face/snout and the hat out of gumpaste icon_confused.gificon_smile.gif

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 12:12pm
post #3 of 5

You could even use the 3 D Bear pan the big one or small one, change up the arms and legs with a mixture of fondant and gum paste or even use rice crispy treats then use the hat tutorial on the site but instead of using the cowboy hat use the wonder pan to get the pointy effect and if you use the small bear pan sit George(monkey) on top of a 10â round cake with bananas thrown around him and a palm tree for him to lean against this cake sounds like fun

Molly2
thumbs_up.gif

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 9:12pm
post #4 of 5

I was thinking of doing this....
1. for the hat mold the crown out of gumpaste and dry it over the wonder for the shape. Brim of it also out of gumpaste maybe all the same piece?

2. The body 6" rounds stacked (probably 6 2" rounds doweled between each 4" cake. Carve front for body. mold legs, arms, and parts of face out of RKT. Hands & feet fondant. Wouldn't necessarily have to carve the back of the rounds as the "hat" would cover it.

do you think it will work?

Judi

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 10:47pm
post #5 of 5

Sounds good just becareful with the hat I tried to do a full hat in the past with just fondant and gum paste and it was very fragile it cracked easily Good luck and be sure to post I'd like to see how it turns out.

Molly2

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%