When Transporting In The Car...question

Decorating By Taigen Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 7:03am by Cake_Princess

Taigen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taigen Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 11:41pm
post #1 of 5

I am making my neices wedding cake, 3 round tiers (14, 10 & 6"). They will all be on a 1/2" foam core board and will sit on a 1/2" MDF "platform" that is 20" round. I will be using bubble tea straws and dowels through the tiers (sugarshacks DVD lessons icon_smile.gif )
My hubby is wanting to back out of driving this to the reception hall and it is making me nervous now too. I have bought duct tape, two types of anti slip matting etc.
I hope to be able to assemble the cake here or at least the first two tiers.
How and what do you use to cover the cake while in the car etc? I have been looking for a box that would hold a 20" round board but so far have had no luck.
Any suggestions for transporting? Can you lightly cover with a clean sheet etc?
Thanks
Taigen

4 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 12:01am
post #2 of 5

Just roll out your non-slip mats, load, and go. I deliver cakes in my Suburban and cakes that I deliver already stacked do not get boxed.

Put the sheet on your bed, not on the cake! icon_biggrin.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 12:32am
post #3 of 5

I just make sure the van is vacuumed before I load. Put down a mat (the ones they use as skid-proofing shelf liner). I have someone hold the door for me and open also the van door as I carry it out. With the heat right now make sure you have your AC on a few minutes before you load. [/center]

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 6:57am
post #4 of 5

UPS Stores have boxes in any cube size you want. I get 18's and 20's there all the time, since I box every cake.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 7:03am
post #5 of 5

I box all of my cakes. If there is no lid I loosely drape with cling wrap and tape it to the box. I get paranoid about dust particles and other debris getting on the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%