How Do You Ice Nfsc?

Decorating By HokieFan Updated 18 Jul 2008 , 11:11pm by antonia74

HokieFan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HokieFan Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 9

I am making NFSC for my SIL's baby shower. It'll be my first time making iced cookies. I've read about how you can use RI, MMF, RBC, etc. It's a lot to take in! How do you ice NFSC? Any tips and advice? Thanks!

8 replies
mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 9

Hi HokieFan!

The first time i made the NFSC I iced them with MMF. It's super easy and fast!

You just make your MMF, make your cookie dough, cut them out, and while they are baking, you can roll out your MMF, and cut out the MMF with the same cutter you used on your cookies.

As soon as your cookies come out of the oven, you cover them with the cut out piece of MMF. Since the cookie is warm, it will adhere to the MMF really good.

I find it very simple and fast. Then you let them cool and they are ready! If you want you can add details with Royal Icing.

I've used MMF with Antonias74 royal icing recipe. Its here on CC. Good luck!

lane52403 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lane52403 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 6:23pm
post #3 of 9

I'm so glad that you asked this. I have been wanting to start doing cookie soon, but have no idea how to get the icing to be as perfect as some of the cookies I see on here. I'm looking forward to the answers!!!

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 9

I use the Antonia 74 Royal icing recipe from this site its great

Molly2

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 9

I use Satin Ice Fondant to cover my cookies (only because I already have it on hand for my cakes) and add details in fondant and royal.

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 6:48pm
post #6 of 9

I second using MMF. It is so fast and easy. I love all the details of royal, but I'm not very experienced, so I feel like you get a beautiful cookie with MMF and not much work.

Another couple of tips if you decide to use MMF:

I put my cut-out MMF pieces in the fridge or freezer while my cookies are baking. I like to roll the MMF thin and I find that it's hard for the MMF to keep it's shape while you're transfering it to the cookie. Pop the MMF cut-outs in the fridge or freezer and they are much more sturdy and easier to handle while trying to place on a warm cookie.

I like using the Wilton Fondant Icing Writers for details. They don't come in a ton of colors, but if they have what you need, they are very easy to use & dry hard enough to stack cookies without a problem. I found my fondant icing writers at Michaels. Then you don't have to mae a batch of royal for outlining and details.

Oh, and you can flavor your MMF. I like using almond extract in my NFSC and I also use the almond in my MMF instead of vanilla. I've tried lemon too, but liked almond better.

Also -I like using a cookie glaze to ice the NFSC, but it is much more time consuming than the MMF. But that's just me.

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 7:00pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2

I use the Antonia 74 Royal icing recipe from this site its great

Molly2

This is what I use too. I guess I just prefer royal icing on sugar cookies...tastes better. Plus I really like working with Antonia's recipe! I actually am doing 25 baby shower cookies this weekend too....flower shaped.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:20pm
post #8 of 9

I just did 50 Texas Longhorn cookies for a Birthday party this past weekend and they turned out great using Antonia74 icing and if you look in my picture you'll see spider man cookies made with this same recipe NFSC and Antonia recipe the kids love them

Molly2

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 11:11pm
post #9 of 9

Here you go HokieFan! I did a whole step-by-step article with photos, it's easy...

http://www.cakecentral.com/article54-How-To-Bake--Decorate-Cookies.html

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%