Alternative Uses For Cake Pan...

Decorating By Carson Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 7:16pm by susies1955

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:49am
post #1 of 10

I am buying the Wilton football cake pan for a cake, I was wondering what other cool cakes you have made with this pan. I don't think I will be making many footballs and I want to get my money worth!

9 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:48am
post #2 of 10

Additional Uses for Shaped Pans. Wilton
http://www.wilton.com/cake/shapedpans/adduses/index.cfm
6th down on the left hand side.
Football Pan:

Docile Dragon
Game Ball
Noah's Ark Sighted
Rising Above It All!
Thrills 'N Gills
Incredible Voyage

mommak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommak Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 10

Well I'll be darn..I didn't even know that page existed on Wilton. Thanks for sharing thumbs_up.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 6:42pm
post #4 of 10

I'm always on the lookout for the same thing. One use for something seems such a waste.

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:22am
post #5 of 10

Thanks so much! I love the different ideas page! Thanks again.

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:51am
post #6 of 10

I just got an email from Wilton about their new book and somewhere in the email was a link to this page. It is fantastic! I love that there's more ideas out there. I have too many of these pans and they've done nothing but take up space since I bought them. I recently used the football pan intending to make Noah's Ark, because I wanted to practice sculpting animals. I never ended up making the cake, I just think it's funny that the Wilton's site has the same us for it that I came up with on my own. icon_lol.gif

susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 9:09am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson

I am buying the Wilton football cake pan

You may have already bought the pan but just wanted to say that I had an awful time with that pan. It warped inside the oven and poured out all over the inside of my oven. Completely worthless and threw it away.
Maybe it will work for you but not sure.
Susie

momtofourmonkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtofourmonkeys Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 5:38pm
post #8 of 10

I bought this pan several years ago for my kids' cakes and have used it several times. I have made fish, Nemo was the kids' favorite, and footballs. I have never had a problem using it; however, I do place it on a cookie sheet in my oven when baking with it. I don't recall if the original directions called for this but I have always done it and the cakes have turned out perfectly.

HTH.

BakingJeannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingJeannie Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 6:10pm
post #9 of 10

I have used mine to make a pumpkin cake. I cut the ends to get the pumpkin share.

susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 7:16pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtofourmonkeys

..... I have never had a problem using it; however, I do place it on a cookie sheet in my oven when baking with it. HTH.

I'm just reporting what happened to 'me'. I did put a cookie sheet under it. It warped as I was baking and it spilled over the pan, over the cookie sheet and down onto the oven.
Maybe it was just a quirk. icon_smile.gif
Susie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%