Mini Pie Shells

Lounge By Katie-Bug Updated 18 Jul 2008 , 2:05am by s_barnes76

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:26am
post #1 of 5

I am looking to buy frozen mini pie shells, anyone know where I might can find them?

I tried Sam's, the lady actullay told me to just check online. Um, what happened to employees looking up information and trying to help a customer...Anyway...

I tried GFS, the young man wasn't sure what I was wanting. I told him frozen pie crust or shells, about 1', 1 1/2' to 2' inches, he searched for a 2' pie, no results. Not sure if it was the search or they really don't care them.

I would really like to be able to use these at a couple of upcoming events, but there is no way I can make them. We're talking 500 guests.... icon_razz.gif

Any ideas would be great!! Thanks so much!!

4 replies
michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:31am
post #2 of 5

My local grocery store carries them, but I guess you have checked there already? I used to work for a food company and sometimes church ladies and people like that would call up and buy a case of something. Maybe you could do that.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:06am
post #3 of 5

Do you know what brand? I have checked with Southern Foods, a local distrubiter, an they don't have them.

I am wondering if PFG carries them, I have one about an hour from me. Also, I don't know if they are open to the public.

If I knew a brand, I would call that company and asks for a distrubuter.

Thanks!!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 11:12am
post #4 of 5

Are you wanting 1 1/2-2" dia? If so look for tart, or tartlet shells. They should be very easy to find. Actually I just seen some online the other day. It was around 100 for like 300 small shells. If that's what your looking for let me know, and I'll dig through my favs to see of I can find it.

Mike

s_barnes76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
s_barnes76 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:05am
post #5 of 5

The only place that I have found them is at our Kroger. I haven't had to buy any in quite a while, so i'm not sure if they actually still carry them. HTH icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%