Just Fyi - How I Do My Nfsc Dough Process...

Baking By 1234me Updated 16 Jul 2008 , 3:51pm by tyty

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 4

I tried to take pictures and will attach them if it works. I am no expert but so many people have asked questions about NFSC lately so I thought I would share how I do it and maybe some others will share their way and I can learn some hints/tips from them icon_smile.gif

I usually make several batches in one setting. The thing I hate the most is measuring out the flour. One day I figured out that a 3lb sour cream bowl I had held exactly 6 cups of flour so I use that now to measure my flour instead of actuallly scooping it out. I put the sour cream bowls in my sink to help with the mess and just pour the flour into the bowls to the first rim. Some people use a scale to get the exact weight - I don't have a scale and this method works great for me. (picture 1)

Then I go ahead and add my baking powder to these buckets (picture 2)

I take the butter out in the morning and let it sit on the cooktop or counter until it is at room temperature. (picture 3)

I follow the directions and make the dough in my mixer. (no picture of this)

I then put the dough into LARGE ziploc bags to store. I put it in the fridge if I know I will be using it soon or put int he freezer if I don't need it right away. (picture 4)

I sometimes use the dough right away or put it in the fridge to let the butter harder a little. Then I take it out of the fridge. I pull out a hand full of the dough and set it on my counter (granite countertops if it matters) (picture 5)

Then I place a large ziploc bag over the dough and roll it out. It will not stick to the ziploc bag or to my counter. (picture 6) I LOVE THIS STEP! No parchment paper, no flouring the countertop, nothing! I use the same ziploc bags over and over and store them in the freezer, even if ther eis nothing in them because this keeps them from growing bacteria, etc.

Then I cut my shapes (picture 7) I so happen to be making ice cream cone cookies today.

Then I place the cut outs on a corian cutting board. (picture 8 ) My husband works in the homebuilding industry and had his countertop guy make me lots of these.

I then place the cutting board in the freezer and wait about 15 minutes.

Then pop into the oven......

After they have cooled, I decorate them or put them into the freezer until I need them. I decorate with buttercream dream which is also a godsend because I do cakes too so I only have to make one type of icing. Then bag them and they are ready to go icon_smile.gif

Hope that may have helped some of you. If you take nothing else away from this post, I hope you at least try to roll out with the ziploc - You will be shocked how well it works!
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

3 replies
lcdmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcdmarie Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 2:44pm
post #2 of 4

Thank you for the tips icon_wink.gif

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you for this info! That was a great help. I do have a question though, do you use the corian cutting boards in the oven or do you transfer the cookies to a cookie sheet before you bake? That's funny, I have corian counters, but not a cutting board...oh well. I was just curious. icon_biggrin.gif

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:51pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the tips, I'll have to try the zip-loc bag.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%