Gotta Love Husbands

Decorating By sweetness_221 Updated 16 Jul 2008 , 3:32am by smoore

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 13

I have had a busy couple of weeks trying to get ready for my DD's 9th birthday coming up on Sunday. Well about 5:00pm yesterday I was working on some chocolate transfers for her cupcakes, and my lovely husband comes in and says "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, I need a dessert to take to work tomorrow." icon_eek.gif Uhhh....ok. I had absolutely nothing in the house that I could make. Everything I had was tied up with my DD's birthday. So I had to go to the store and get some supplies. By the time I got back, fed everyone dinner, got the kitchen cleaned up, and kids in bed it was 10:00pm. So needless to say I stayed up making him a dessert to take to work. Boy, he better know how much I love him, because I wouldn't do that for anyone. icon_wink.gif

12 replies
dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 13

. . . hmmm . . . I guess your user name says it all . . . I'm pretty sure if my DH did the same, I wouldn't have been going to the store . . . he would have . . . yup, your definitely sweeter than me . . . icon_rolleyes.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 8:42pm
post #3 of 13

You were sweet to help him. I hope he appreciated it!

Chef_Rinny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Rinny Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 13

everyone is right-you are really good to your hubby! My hubby knows better than to throw something like that at me last minute! I would have handed him my baking book and said "have fun"!

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefrinny

I would have handed him my baking book and said "have fun"!

LOL...too funny. My husband KNOWS better as well (especially if I am working on something else)! He most certainly would have gone to the store, gotten dinner as well as put the kiddos to bed. THEN, he would have earned his last-minute desert! Ha ha ha...You are the sweetest. I am sure they all loved it!!

malishka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malishka Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 9:09pm
post #6 of 13

milissasmom, does your DH have a brother?
my boyfriend just complains about me doing cakes all the time and not spending time with him. He used to help me in the begnning, but now he just leaves the house when i'm doing a cake.
My kids complain as well becaus i give them no attention when i'm caking. I almost feel guilty for taking orders.

pmaucher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmaucher Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 9:17pm
post #7 of 13

Ladies, I have come to the conclusion that we can never win. Some how, some where somebody's not happy with what we did or didn't do, especially when it comes to our husbands. So just sit back and smile, then remember we just LET THEM THINK they are smarter than us. icon_biggrin.gif

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 9:17pm
post #8 of 13

Sweetness-
I would've done the same thing. My hubby doesn't dropped anything on me last minute, but if he did, I'd do it too. I've done it for my kids enough. "Mom, I forgot we're having a party tomorrow and I need cookies/cupcakes/whatever".... at 9 p.m. Rush to the store, get what I need, etc. That's what Moms/Wives do, right? Except of course last night when my husband told me not to worry about going BACK to the store for something I forgot for dinner. I'm super stressed this week, doing my first wedding cake. He said we'll just find something easy, and my DD goes (jokingly)"We have to eat what? It's your JOB to feed us. " I about flipped my lid! Maybe I need to remind her of all those other times.LOL.

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 9:25pm
post #9 of 13

I too would have done the same thing. What can I say, I'm crazy in love w/ my hubby! icon_wink.gif I would however mentiong to him that he ows me one later on....like a really good massage! thumbs_up.gif

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 10:16pm
post #10 of 13

Okay, I'm stepping in with a good hubby story.

He was laid off a few months ago and so he decided he was going to stay home with the boys this summer. He cleans the house, does the laundry, dishes and sometimes even makes dinner (if I whine enough).

I have been working alot of overtime lately, partly because I have no choice because I'm needed at work and partly because the extra money is always needed.

Yesterday I worked 14 hrs trying to finish up inventory and so when I got home he had the kids out for the afternoon and let me take a nap. When he got home he went straight to the kitchen and pulled out a package of Nestle Toll house cookies and baked them for me (I think he wanted them too!) and said it sounded like I needed something sweet!

I knew there was a reason I kept him around.

Barb

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 2:51am
post #11 of 13

Barbaranoel, I envy you. My DH tells me that I need to practice more on cakes and then tells me I'm neglecting him. So I told him that since he doesn't work during the day, I'd spend time with him and when he's at work at night I'd practice on my cakes. So I'm up all night until 4am caking, he leaves work at 5am....he's knows I'm T.I.-RED (tired) and he'll ask me to make him some french fries or something like that. Then he'll say 'If U feel like it' icon_mad.gif And on days when he's generous enough to not wake me at 5:30am, he'll make his own french fries but he makes so much noise doing it that he wakes me up icon_mad.gif Or he can't seem to find the pan or the oil or the french fries so he comes and asks me ahhhhhhh!!! So after all is said and done, I'm making him french fries at 5:45am icon_cry.gif

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:18am
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by malishka

milissasmom, does your DH have a brother?

lol...YUP, but he's married and very faithful too!!! SORRY (lol) I will do anything for my husband. BUT, it's because he will do anything for me! He is not gonna come at me with a last minute order because it's inconsiderate. In the slim chance he does have something come up last minute, he is certainly not crazy enough to stress me out by sending me to the store to get the stuff. It just wouldnât be right. He is the same man who was up with me while I was working on a cake that didn't bake right, and got the car keys at 11:45 pm to go to the grocery store to re-buy all of the ingredients while I took a shower and made a pot of coffee. He is just thoughtful and considerate...it's the way we are with each other. I am sure other husbands are the same way (in their own way)...why else would we keep them around icon_smile.gif

smoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoore Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:32am
post #13 of 13

OK -- I'm feeling a little jealous here now. My husband would do anything for me, but I've got to tell him exactly what I want -- no hints, or I get nothing! He notices when things need done around the house, but instead of just doing them, he'll say something like "Man, we've got to vaccuum!" Who's we? You got a mouse in your pocket? I work full time out of the house and watch our kids while doing it (since they were newborns, I've been able to work from home). Cakes are only done early morning, in the evening or on weekends. My DH got laid off last summer and one day I'm on the phone with clients all morning long. It's like 11:30 a.m. and I'm still on the phone and my DH comes into my office and interrupts me to ask me when I'm making lunch! Even my kids know not to do that!!! Hello? Where are your hands? feet? eyes? You're a big boy and can make US lunch today! On the other hand, though, he does support my caking and encourages me to get what I need (I had a wish list for tools/supplies on my desk and he took that and got me ALL of it for my birthday -- I wish I had more on it now!) icon_smile.gif He's glad I have a hobby because he thinks I work too much, but he's also glad my hobby brings in some extra cash. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%