Arizona Retiree

Decorating By CandyLady Updated 15 Jul 2008 , 7:13pm by lilmiz

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 8

our office manager (Ohio Bank) is retiring to arizona...need to do a small going away cake...any funny/clever ideas? thanks. pat

7 replies
sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 8

I'm not sure that he/she would think it funny, but a car with a trunk full of cash, some falling out the back with AZ plates? I am sure that's very tacky, though. icon_smile.gif

wendalynn11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendalynn11 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 8

double post...Sorry!!

wendalynn11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendalynn11 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 8

I am from AZ originally and my first thought was some sort of spoof on retiring to the beach. There are lots of great beach cakes her in CC, Maybe a hammock hanging between 2 cacti on the top of a round cake and instead of decorating with the usual fish and underwater theme on the sides do snakes, javelinas, etc. Just a thought, have fun with whatever you do!

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:50pm
post #5 of 8

I also am from AZ. My first thought is if he is retiring have him/her going into the sunset. With cactus and all.

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:40pm
post #6 of 8

You could maybe make a cake in the shape of a saguaro cactus or a javelina?

Or you could "melt" a cake and tell him/her hopefully this won't happen to them. At 10 o'clock last night in Yuma is was 110.

HTH
Kathy

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:59pm
post #7 of 8

awesome ideas! Not sure what a javelina is though, so will have to look that one up. thanks again.

lilmiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmiz Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 7:13pm
post #8 of 8

Once, I made map of the US on a sheet cake, with a moving truck (just a hotwheel with the family name on it).

Then I made a space needle to put on Seattle (where they were going)and a Cactus for AZ (where they were leaving ).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%