Buttercream Transfer Question

Decorating By hallfamily727 Updated 15 Jul 2008 , 6:31pm by marccrand

hallfamily727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallfamily727 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:24am
post #1 of 7

Can I do a small frozen buttercream transfer on the SIDE of a cake? It would be small (side of a 6 inch round) transfer of the Kansas State wildcat. Thanks!

6 replies
littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:26am
post #2 of 7

i don't see why not!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 10:51am
post #3 of 7

How big, and how are you going to get it to conform to the arc of the cake?

Mike

hallfamily727 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 7

Not big at all...2 x 3 inches or so? It's a 6 inch round cake for a 6 yr anniversary celebration. As far as the arc goes, I'm not sure. Was trying to figure out how to do the transfer much like the royal icing tiara...starting in an arc to begin with.

I do have pieces of plexiglass that I've used for doing transfers in the past. Maybe I can somehow use those?

hallfamily727 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:48pm
post #5 of 7

Not big at all...2 x 3 inches or so? It's a 6 inch round cake for a 6 yr anniversary celebration. As far as the arc goes, I'm not sure. Was trying to figure out how to do the transfer much like the royal icing tiara...starting in an arc to begin with.

I do have pieces of plexiglass that I've used for doing transfers in the past. Maybe I can somehow use those?

abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:44pm
post #6 of 7

If you can, you could do the transfer, then before you put it in the freezer, maybe put it over the pan to get the correct shape?? I haven't tried "shaping" a transfer before! The idea of using the pan for the shape, while doing the transfer - like a royal icing tiara . . . . . it's a good idea, but I know I'd have all sorts of issues with it. Good luck!! I'll be watching to see other's answers!!

marccrand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marccrand Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:31pm
post #7 of 7

I've never tried, but remember reading a post awhile back that she couldn't get it to stick to the side of the cake. Just a warning thumbs_up.gif .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%