It Was Ok...

Decorating By CakesByJen2 Updated 15 Jul 2008 , 1:42am by CakesByJen2

CakesByJen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByJen2 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 9:36pm
post #1 of 5

I liked my cake at the time, but I could do better now. I told the decorator I wanted 4 tiers, but only needed 100 servings, and columns in between each tier, because at the time I thought wedding cakes had to have columns. I ended up with a 12-10-8-6, and it was decorated with simple garlands, stringwork, and deep pink BC roses and buds. It was exactly what I asked for, and I paid $100. My only complaint at the time was that the topper was a little squooshed from the box and she had not bothered to fluff it up before putting it on.

Now looking back at the picks, I can clearly see a bulge around the middle of each tier, and I don't like the proportions of only a 2" difference from one tier to the next, I would never get all the separations or the tacky '80's topper, and I don't know why it never occured to me to get a flavor other than white, and no one had ever heard of fillings back then. Also, I wish we'd had a groom's cake. At the time, I'd only seen the novelty type groom's cake, and my hubby didn't really have any sports or hobbies to represent. But if I'd known about the more formal all-chocolate groom's cakes, I would have definately gotten one. YUM!

4 replies
summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 5

Ummmmm......?
Confused here.

amberhoney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberhoney Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 11:02pm
post #3 of 5

funny - seems to be a classic case of if you only knew then what you know now...
I had a discussion with my own DH recently about our wedding cake 8 years ago. I remembered it as a single white square. He thought it was two layers, round. I insisted I was right, after all I am the decorator, not him! Got the photos out and guess what...Turned out he was right and I was wrong...

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 11:13pm
post #4 of 5

I couldn't remember mine either! We just celebrated our 3rd anniversary last week so I pulled out the pics... I thought it was square, DH thought it was round... We we both right! The bottom tier was square-then a round tier, then 2 more square. At the time I thought it was flawless too, but now I see flaws. I wouldn't change it though!

CakesByJen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByJen2 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 1:42am
post #5 of 5

Oops! I accidentally hit "New" instead of "Reply". This should've been under "Who hated their own wedding cake". Sorry!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%