Nautical Bridal Shower?

Decorating By lomikesa Updated 15 Jul 2008 , 1:04am by foxymomma521

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 8

I have a request for a bridal shower cake for this weekend, the bride is having her wedding on a ship, so she wants her bridal shower cake in a nautical theme. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Lomikesa

7 replies
SugarMama602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMama602 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 8

I have the exact same request. I'll be watching this thread....

My thoughts were - that big steering wheel on a boat (not sure what it's called, haha), nautical stars, anchors...she is adamant that she doesn't want "sea" themed (ie: seashells, dolphins, etc.).

SugarMama602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMama602 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 8

Duplicate Post

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 8

have you gone to the gallery and seached "nautical" i just did and there are some pretty cakes in there!!! I love using that for inspiration when i'm stuck! Good luck!

eta: i like this one from CakeL8T, on a smaller scale for the bridal shower i'm sure!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=180853

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 9:36pm
post #5 of 8

I actually had this exact same request. I found a pan shaped like an ocean liner at my cake supply shop. Made it on top of a sheet cake and it went over great!! The girl throwing the shower got me a logo of the cruise line and we worked that into it. Unfortunately, I didn't get a pic of it! icon_cry.gif

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 10:56pm
post #6 of 8

Since getting married is also "tying the knot", I'd be inclined to do a cake that inclued some white "rope" knots and some nautical flags--you can actually spell out words with them.

http://boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/flags.htm

Just a thought.
Rae

Tiababe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiababe Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 12:46am
post #7 of 8

A few months ago I did a baby shower with a nautical theme. I found a really large anchor mold at the local cake shop. Also found a bunch of seashell molds. Made the anchor and shells out of white chocolate....placed anchor on lollipop stick and stuck it in the top tier...places shells all over the rest of the cake.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 1:04am
post #8 of 8

I made a sailing cake for my son's pre-k. I made little white and red life preservers, and used my clay gun to make a rope to go through them. I painted the rope gold with luster dust.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%