Finally Had First Cake Disaster

Decorating By ahuvas Updated 14 Jul 2008 , 3:48pm by LovelyCreations

ahuvas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahuvas Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 5

Okay I finally had my first major disaster. The upside is that it was a surprise for a dear friend so they never knew about it. The downside is that I lost about 6 hours out of my life on something that ended up in the garbage.

Nothing went right!

The cake broke when coming out of the pan, the fondant ripped (the first time this has happened to me) into a thousand pieces and the butter cream was just too soft.

I was trying to make the friendly frog from Debbie Brown's book. I am no cake expert - that's for sure - but I have made other cakes by her and they were fairly easy.

Oh well icon_sad.gif. I'm a bit sad because it looked so beautiful in my head.

My lesson definitely is not to bake when you heart is not in it or you are seriously distracted by something else. Murphy's law dictates that for sure something disastrous will happen.

4 replies
sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 3:12pm
post #2 of 5

I TOADLY agree. Sorry about the pun. But I do agree, it will never turn out right if your hearts not in it or if you have PMS. I've literelly thrown cakes on the floor and then sat in the corner and cried during that time of the month. Sorry it didn't work for you.

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 3:19pm
post #3 of 5

With cakes or cooking in general. If I don't feel like doing it, whatever the reason is, it shows in my work. I understand how frustrating it is to watch it fall apart infront of you and all you can do is sit and ---wanna scream---! Sorry you had your first disaster but hopefully it will be a great long while before you have anothericon_smile.gif

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 3:25pm
post #4 of 5

Definetly can relate. If to much other stuff has your mind occupied it definetly can ruin your cakes.

I'm sorry icon_redface.gif

LovelyCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LovelyCreations Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 5

Awe...I'm so sorry.

*HUGS*

I can also relate. I had my first last weekend.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%