Help! Recreating A Wedding Cake.

Decorating By Kolbygirl Updated 14 Jul 2008 , 7:41pm by 7yyrt

Kolbygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kolbygirl Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 4

I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I've been asked to recreate a wedding cake for an anniversary party but I can't seem to figure out how this is done. I can't seem to figure out how the lattice stuff is done, would it be edible or not? I don't even know where to start with that.

Any tips or suggestions would be great.
LL

3 replies
JavaJunkieChrissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JavaJunkieChrissy Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 4

The picture it a little bit fuzzy but I'm wondering if that isn't done with Royal Icing??? I have a Wilton book that has a simular cake in it and it's done with Royal. You'll have your work cut out for you with this one. I guess you would make a template pattern and then pipe over that...allow it to dry and then stick it very carefully in the cake. Make extra because Royal shows no mercy when it breaks!!!

Best of Luck,

Chrissy

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 4

It's definitely alot of royal. Used to do this stuff back in the 70's. there are lace points on the bottom of the tiers and lattice pieces, probably dried over big shapes like flower forms, only wider. You need to double pipe and make extra pieces.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 4

Try the Wilton Pattern locater page.
http://www.wilton.com/recipes/patternlocator/index.cfm
You probably know the approximate year it was made, so you may even find the complete patterns. They have many lattice patterns there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%