Vaseline + Cake Decorating

Decorating By SWHEATLEYCAKES Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 5:55pm by kchart

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 11:28pm
post #121 of 176

And I thought I experienced a lot of drama at work!!
Sorry for the double explanation marks. Was that yelling?
I'm in deep trouble here. I'm not a great speller nor did I realize that internet etiquette even existed.
Now at least I'm prepared to be flogged when I mispell OR PUT WORDS IN ALL CAPS.
Oh well, I have a big jar of Vaseline to help ease the pain.

Thanks for the laugh!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 11:29pm
post #122 of 176

17 years and 75 pounds ago, I won a "Mrs." beauty pageant (hard to believe now, I know! But the chick that came in 2nd was 4" taller .... 5 years younger .... and 15 lbs lighter. But you know what it means when you come in 2nd? It means YOU LOST, TOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BWAH HA HA HAAAAA!!!!!).

Anyway..... we put vaseline on our teeth and gums because while standing on stage and smiling for a couple of hours, your mouth gets dry and your lips stick to your gums. The vaseline was used so your lips could slide over your gums way easier.

(oh geesh! THAT could be taken dirty, huh?)

TxBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TxBlonde Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 12:36am
post #123 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

17 years and 75 pounds ago, I won a "Mrs." beauty pageant (hard to believe now, I know! But the chick that came in 2nd was 4" taller .... 5 years younger .... and 15 lbs lighter. But you know what it means when you come in 2nd? It means YOU LOST, TOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BWAH HA HA HAAAAA!!!!!).

Anyway..... we put vaseline on our teeth and gums because while standing on stage and smiling for a couple of hours, your mouth gets dry and your lips stick to your gums. The vaseline was used so your lips could slide over your gums way easier.

hehehe This really cracked me up! I didn't even think about it being dirty until you said that. But seriously though it seems everyone has been on edge lately. Every post that I have read seems to get negative rather quickly! I mean really getting aggrevated over cap locks..?? C'mon now that seems a bit extreme. As for the vasoline it sounds pretty gross to me too but people have done stranger things...

SWHEATLEYCAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SWHEATLEYCAKES Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 1:47am
post #124 of 176

Yes, the topic was vaseline not typing errors! I am so glad that I am everyones joke on cc today! I just thought the cake decorator's comment was gross and wanted to know if anyone else had heard of it. I am some what new to cc and didn't mean to offend anyone! And thanks to those who defended my typing!

post #125 of 176

Yes, the topic was vaseline not typing errors! I am so glad that I am everyones joke on cc today! I just thought the cake decorator's comment was gross and wanted to know if anyone else had heard of it. I am some what new to cc and didn't mean to offend anyone! And thanks to those who defended my typing!

post #126 of 176

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 1:54am
post #127 of 176

Uh oh! Now you are gonna get it for posting 3 times in a row!!!

LOL! icon_biggrin.gif

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 1:54am
post #128 of 176
Quote:

I learn more and more about you everyday, Indy! First red bra straps, now this! hahahaha!!

SWHEATLEYCAKES Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:04am
post #129 of 176

And some OF THESE PEOPLE have to much time on their hands! lol

kchart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kchart Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:37am
post #130 of 176

complaining about this thread is like having a bumper sticker that reads I hate bumper stickers........

If you find this thread "annoying" then quit reading it!!! lol

kchart Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:41am
post #131 of 176

Holy crap, I found "50 things to do with vaseline" and no nothing was mentioned about cake.............i wonder who will try it.......

http://www.ebeautydaily.com/50-beautiful-things-you-can-do-with-vaseline/

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:47am
post #132 of 176
Quote:

Debi -- as usual, you beat me!! When I was in high school (also many years and many, many pounds ago), I was in several pageants and we did the vaseline on the teeth thing. When your teeth are covered in vaseline, you smile whether you want to or not!!!!! icon_lol.gif

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:49am
post #133 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer7777

Oh my gosh...this has me really laughing out loud! Some of these comments are too funny. Roxxxy, you had me going.

GLAD YOU GOT A GOOD LAUGH! I WAS BORED AND COULDNT HELP MYSLEF...........OH CRAP WAS THAT IN CAPS? icon_lol.gif

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:52am
post #134 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchart

complaining about this thread is like having a bumper sticker that reads I hate bumper stickers........

SO TRUE!! icon_lol.gif

kchart Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:04am
post #135 of 176

oh my gosh, do you believe that roxxy person??? she typed 2 posts in a row in ALL CAPS. she must be mad about something..........quit yelling at me..........i can't take it anymore! not to mention, you spelled a word wrong and you forgot and apostrophe, what kind of computer rule breaker are you?!

icon_smile.gif

ahhhhhhhh, I'm finding lots of enjoyment today. Thank you all for making me laugh today.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:11am
post #136 of 176
Quote:

oh my gosh, do you believe that roxxy person??? she typed 2 posts in a row in ALL CAPS. she must be mad about something..........quit yelling at me..........i can't take it anymore! not to mention, you spelled a word wrong and you forgot and apostrophe, what kind of computer rule breaker are you?!

icon_smile.gif

ahhhhhhhh, I'm finding lots of enjoyment today. Thank you all for making me laugh today.

SHAME ON ME!!!! oops I did it again hahahaha

Im gunna LMAO if in a couple of days someone makes some sort of CC ETIQUETTE and then asks everyone to follow

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:20am
post #137 of 176

Well, CC Members... I use vaseline with my cakes. Just wanted you to know, so you all realize that vaseline is used with cakes. Vaseline Glass! One of my cake stands is made from the most beautiful vaseline glass... it is the loveliest shade of green and my cakes look gorgeous on it!

Maybe she had a beautiful vaseline glass cake stand upon which her cake stood... who knows?

Let's give this how's and why's of typing a rest! The joke has run its course. It seems that we all would not want our children to bully someone, and this discourse has started to lean that way. None of us is perfect, and if someone breaks a "rule", who left you to be the "boss of me"?

By the way, I am very seldom serious about anything, but I do not see how making fun of someone and how they type is a joke. Maybe they cannot see the screen too well... maybe they do not know how to type very well... or maybe they just like the way it looks! If you do not like it... look away.

Come on... it is time to move forward, folks!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:37am
post #138 of 176

Speaking of pageants and Vaseline...

maybe that's what Miss USA slipped on? Poor woman. icon_redface.gif

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 4:53am
post #139 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

Speaking of pageants and Vaseline...

maybe that's what Miss USA slipped on? Poor woman. icon_redface.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

This thread is icon_confused.gif taking a weird turn icon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif

icon_lol.gif

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:13am
post #140 of 176

Wow! Things have gotten weird lately and there's posts that go on for pages and pages with crazy CC people going back and forth icon_biggrin.gif It's nice that many jumped to OP defense but most did it at expense of others icon_cry.gif My boyfriend tries to drag me away from his computer and I tell him "No, I can't leave, there's a cake fight!" Or he catches me laughing at the computer and I tell him "The crazy cake people are fighting again!". It is funny but kind of sad too icon_cry.gif

From the band War:
Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends?

Great, thanks to the PP I'm trying to fit a vaseline cake theme to this song icon_lol.gif

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 4:55pm
post #141 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecrn

And I thought I experienced a lot of drama at work!!
Sorry for the double explanation marks. Was that yelling?
I'm in deep trouble here. I'm not a great speller nor did I realize that internet etiquette even existed.
Now at least I'm prepared to be flogged when I mispell OR PUT WORDS IN ALL CAPS.
Oh well, I have a big jar of Vaseline to help ease the pain.

Thanks for the laugh!

I can't believe someone would bring up "spelling". I would never think someone was checking my homework.

I worked in payroll for one of the largest book companies in the world. They could write/edit/speak English well but add two numbers together and they were lost.

Not everyone can be as perfect as some think they are. I don't think we all sit here and proof read everthing we write. And, sometimes I have a good laugh at the mistakes. Not at the person but the contant of the mistake.

If someone has an issue with one's spelling then there is something wrong with them and get help.

For all you bad spellers out there keep posting, I for one don't mind at all. I passed English by the skin of my teeth (as you can tell). But, I can run circles around some with numbers.

Some had the luxury of going to college while some came from low-income families. It is not our choice where we come from but it is our choice where we go.

Before anyone writes how they came from a low-income family and still went to college, don't bother that's a whole new can of worms.

Nit-pic, give me a break.

By the way has anyone been able to search the web regarding vaseline on cakes? Maybe it's used for display cakes. Just like those fast food commericals the food they show isn't the real thing.

Janette Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 4:58pm
post #142 of 176
Quote:

You are my kind of Gal - wise

Janette Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 4:59pm
post #143 of 176
Quote:

icon_smile.gif

I know Roxxy personally, she's a little icon_evil.gif but, I love her.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:07pm
post #144 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

Quote:

icon_smile.gif

I know Roxxy personally, she's a little icon_evil.gif but, I love her.

hehehehe icon_biggrin.gif

Janette Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:10pm
post #145 of 176

I like that term "Cake Fight", I will have to remember that.

Usually I post "Orange Juice" when a thread gets too serious. It throws people off.

I am sorry if anyone thinks this thread has gone off track. I find the subject of Vaseline interesting and I am enjoying the conversation at the same time.

For those of you who think the thread has run it's course - at the top of your screen on the left side is a back arrow, or you can go to the top of the page and click on Cake Central and it will take you to the home page.

I have a soap box about members complaining about a thread and wants it stopped, locked whatever it's called. Go to another thread and leave us alone.

Anyway, I have never heard of a Vaseline Vase, can you explain more.

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:14pm
post #146 of 176

Darn, still no word on the vaseline + cake thing. I would like to know what she actually uses it for or if it was just a joke..........

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:22pm
post #147 of 176

Vaseline cake??? Different. I guess if someone did use it on a cake in their buttercream icing or rubed it on their fondant, I would want the sides cut off to. Reminds me too much of what the initial use for vaseline was. On a rectal thermometer. Yuck!

kchart Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:01pm
post #148 of 176

ORANGE JUICE!!!

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:16pm
post #149 of 176

I don't think I'd eat that lady's cakes ever again. If she is using Vaseline she is poisioning everyone with Petroleum!!!

EXTERNAL USE ONLY PEOPLE!!!! lol

Janette Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:22pm
post #150 of 176

KC icon_smile.gif

I still think the Woman was being a Smart-alic but, if she's not do you think she tells her customers. That would be kind of scary.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%