Need To Store Mmf Approx. 2 Weeks, Best Way?

Decorating By Kaybaby Updated 14 Jul 2008 , 1:58am by burgderb

Kaybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaybaby Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 4:38am
post #1 of 6

I made MMF for the first time today thinking I would need it soon. I won't be needing to use it for about 2 weeks, I have it double wrapped and in a ziploc. Should I store it in the refrigerator or on the counter?

Thanks,

Vonda

5 replies
BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 4:57am
post #2 of 6

On the counter. It will be fine. It may seem dry and stiff when you go to use it but don't add anything to it. If you just work with it and knead it, it will become pliable and workable.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 5:57am
post #3 of 6

I would go further and put in something airtight. If it dries on the surface and seems 'crusty' be sure to remove the hard bits. They will not knead into the smooth fondant and you will have little hard bits throughout.

Kaybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaybaby Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 2:54pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you. I placed it in an airtight container and left it on the counter.

Vonda

nutcase68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nutcase68 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 6

I have not tried it with MMF, but with regular fondant I wrap it about three times and put it in a ziplock freezer bag and squeeze out all the air and freeze it. When I need it I take it out the night before and let it thaw on the counter just as I put it in the freezer. It seems to have no ill effect on it. I make my own ffondant.
Mary

burgderb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
burgderb Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:58am
post #6 of 6

I have always made my MMF a few days ahead, wrapped it tightly and stored in the fridge, when I take it out I put it in the microwave for 10 seconds and it is ready to go. I have kept it this way for weeks, and it alway seems the same just perfect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%