Message On Voicemail Today

Business By karateka Updated 14 Jul 2008 , 8:06am by margaretb

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 12:58am
post #31 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ37

We should all have Indydebi's sense of humor!

It makes dealing with idiots a whole lot easier! thumbs_up.gif

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:05am
post #32 of 35

I get last minute requests all the time. For some reason people just don't understand the time involved. I have a hard time saying "no" unless there's absolutely no way I can do it. Otherwise I'll stay up half the night and get it done. When they pick up the cake I give them my little speech about needing at least 3 to 5 days notice.

My favorite was this old guy who knew my husband and knew I baked cakes. He shows up at our door on Sunday night at 7pm and tells me his little granddaughter has a birthday...tomorrow! I was so touched by his obvious love for his granddaughter that I couldn't say no. I baked the cake that night, then got up at 4am to decorate it! I know, I'm a sucker, but the joy on his face when he saw the cake was worth it.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 2:13am
post #33 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

hahahaha! Ok, a MONKEY band??? This story I gotta hear!

Oh, it's the example I use when someone starts out with "...nothing extravagant ... just a SIMPLE cake.....

....A 5-tier cake with 6 cake flavors, with a volcano with lava coming out of the top. And a monkey band climbing up the side. But you don't have to make all the instruments ... just the drums, you know ... simple. BUt since you don't have to make ALL the instruments, I get a discount on that, right?"

You know ..... a SIMPLE cake! icon_razz.gif

hahahahaha! YES< I have had that customer!!! and the colors have to match the table cloth!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 2:21am
post #34 of 35
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

hahahaha! Ok, a MONKEY band??? This story I gotta hear!

Oh, it's the example I use when someone starts out with "...nothing extravagant ... just a SIMPLE cake.....

....A 5-tier cake with 6 cake flavors, with a volcano with lava coming out of the top. And a monkey band climbing up the side. But you don't have to make all the instruments ... just the drums, you know ... simple. BUt since you don't have to make ALL the instruments, I get a discount on that, right?"

You know ..... a SIMPLE cake! icon_razz.gif

hahahahaha! YES< I have had that customer!!! and the colors have to match the table cloth!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Yeah!! THAT'S her!!!

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 8:06am
post #35 of 35

A little off topic, but I know a guy who, long story short, forgot his wife's birthday and put his foot in it. So he calls the fancy restaurant in town (rural area) at 5:30 pm and asks if he can get a reservation. Sorry, Mr. V., we're all booked. "You don't understand," he says, "I forgot my wife's birthday." Ooooh, says the manager, come on down, we always save a little space.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%