Any Ideas For A Scrapbooking Cake?

Decorating By maude Updated 22 Jul 2008 , 4:41am by auntiecake

maude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maude Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 9

Need to make a cake for a scrapbooking party. Thought it would be a good way to do a little advertising. Does anyone have any ideas on how to decorate for this occassion. TIA

8 replies
auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 9

I made one and used the book pan or carve from a sheetcake. Then do squares or other geometric shape and make them look like individual pictures on a page w/ graphics around them and write something under each picture or beside. Basically make a scrapbook page on the book cake.

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 9

I have a really crappy one in my photos that I did when I first started out but it could give you an idea. I wanted to make a few framed photos but did not have time to put anything else on it.

maude Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 10:47am
post #4 of 9

Thanks for the ideas guys.

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 7:47pm
post #5 of 9

You could take a square or rectangle pan and make it look like a scapbook (have the side binder a different color) so it looks like those cute scrapping books you see. You can make fondant scissors, a bottle of glue or glue sticks from fondant and do some frames with fancy edges. And if you had access to an edible printer make some edible photos. If you don't have an edible printer you can also take a photo and cover it in clear tape and put it on the cake to keep it from getting wet.

auntiecake Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 8:56pm
post #6 of 9

I forgot to tell you there is a picture of the one I did in my photos. Edible pictures would probably look nicer, but I didn't have access to them at the time. Gook Luck and post a picture when you are done.

maude Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 10:48am
post #7 of 9

Auntiecake, your scrapbook cake is adorable. I will post a pic when I am done if I can figure out how. I haven't tried to post any pictures yet.

maude Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 11:28pm
post #8 of 9

Here is the finished cake. I hope I can load the picture, if not it is in my photos. Just learned how to do that today.

auntiecake Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:41am
post #9 of 9

Great job! Fondant is fun to work with and your cake is so cute! Perfect for scrapbooking! I bet they loved it! Thanks also for your kind comment!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%