Need Ideas For A Special Party...

Decorating By lane52403 Updated 14 Jul 2008 , 1:13am by pottedmeatchunks

lane52403 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lane52403 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 7

So, my SIL and I have been complaining for years about spending so much $$$ on our wedding dresses and all the bridesmaids dresses we've had to buy over the years. We decided to have a party where we would invite all of our girlfriends and wear our wedding dresses, or bridesmaid dresses if you had your wedding dress professionally cleaned and boxed, which I did not. We decided to make lots of cocktails, play our favorite old games (We have all our old Nintendo games...Mario Bros, etc), board games (Cranium Pop 5, Scattergories, etc) and watch our old high school movies (Sixteen Candles, Grease,etc). And lots and lots of very yummy and unhealthy snacks. No calorie counting, no lowfat ingredients...as not many of us will fit into our dresses the way we once did anyway. I'm sure you get the idea. Anyway, I want to make a fun and delicious cake/cupcakes for everyone. Any ideas????? I have plenty of time to prepare as we probably won't actually have the party until the end of the summer.

6 replies
charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 7

Oh I think that would be so fun!!! I wanna come!!! lol
Could you make the cake like one of the games you are going to play?? Or make a small wedding cake since that is the theme?? maybe have some of everyone's colors (ok that sounds kinda gross after I typed it!Lol)
Hope you have a great time and let us know what you decide!!! I am sure others will come up with some better ideas for ya!

Charlotte

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 2:20am
post #3 of 7

I like the idea of the wedding cake. You could take every cliche that you and your friends hate about weddding cakes ( fountains, stairs, tacky lace) whatever, and compile it into one cake. Make it tacky and fun and something you could laugh at. Just go down your guest list and ask them what they hate. Have fun with it. Let me know how it turns out. That sounds like a very fun girls night.

iownajane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iownajane Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 2:28am
post #4 of 7

If you could get pictures of the dresses they're wearing,far enough ahead,make mini wedding dress cakes in each dress style....

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 2:33am
post #5 of 7

It would be so fun to have an old picture of everyone,of how they look in that dress yrs ago ! I know you cant put that on anything but just sitting around for everyone to look at ! Unless you can add edible Images on something

lane52403 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lane52403 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 8:11pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you guys for the ideas. I will let you know what I decide to do.

pottedmeatchunks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pottedmeatchunks Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:13am
post #7 of 7

well since yall will be a bunch of girls in fancy outfits...

i think you could totally pull off a pink poodle cake, or maybe a cake with a gumpaste heel on there with a hairbrush, nail polish, and pearl necklace.

Or you could make a little wedding cake and stick a random assortment of different colored bridesmaid toppers on there.

this will be a fun cake for sure icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%