Help! Geletin Leaves Into Tsp's!!

Decorating By Shola Updated 12 Jul 2008 , 11:41am by Shola

Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 10:52am
post #1 of 4

Gah! This is annoying! icon_mad.gif
I have geletin in a pack of 12 'leaves', the leaves are about 4" by 2 1/2" in size, like a sheet of plastic. How many of these would be equivilent to the 6 tsp's in Michelle Fosteres recipe??
Shola
XXX

3 replies
sugarshane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshane Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 11:11am
post #2 of 4

Sorry, I have no idea. Perhaps that information can be found on the website of the company who makes it.

oliveoyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oliveoyle Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 11:33am
post #3 of 4

everything I have found in the gelatin conversion tables says that 4 leaves =1 tablespoon so you would need 8 leaves to make the 6 teaspoons HTH

Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 11:41am
post #4 of 4

Thanks Sugarshane, I did have a look but nothing on the site, but I find this after trawling through google:

One envelope of granulated unflavored gelatin = 1/4 ounce = 7 grams = 2 1/2 teaspoons of granulated unflavored gelatin equals about 4 gelatin leaves.

annoying thing is I need 3 tsp's as I want to halve the recipe, I will have to make a guesstimate I think!
I'm going with 4 1/2 leaves, does that make sense? Help! I'm crap at math!! icon_redface.gif

Edit:
Just seen your post, thx Oliveoyle, that pretty much matches what I though I'll go with 4 and a quarter leaves to be safe!! Lol! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%