Vasectomy Cake??

Decorating By Tootall Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 1:51am by Tootall

Tootall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tootall Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:24am
post #1 of 19

Ok, guys and gals! I need to pick your brains! My hubby's coworker is having a vasectomy and they've all been joking about it for weeks now. Hubby wants me to make a funny cake for when he gets back to work. Any ideas? icon_smile.gif I'm more of a fondant person, meaning I'd rather form the art/decorations out of fondant than carve a cake, but I'm open to all suggestions. I'm still what I consider a novice, so think easy!! icon_biggrin.gif Thanks, guys! I know you can help me out!! thumbs_up.gif

18 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:49am
post #2 of 19

You could make some fondant sperm, then put a circle around them with a line across it...kind of a "no sperm" sign.

Tootall Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:30pm
post #3 of 19

Haha! That would be simple enough! Good idea!

Tootall Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:39am
post #4 of 19

Wow, the naughty board moves slow, huh? icon_smile.gif Anyone else have any more ideas?

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 10:34pm
post #5 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

You could make some fondant sperm, then put a circle around them with a line across it...kind of a "no sperm" sign.

That is good! I love that idea! (maybe have the sperm looking kind of cartoonie,smiling or something..)

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 1:45pm
post #6 of 19

??? a penis sitting on an ice bag???

Tootall Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 4:46pm
post #7 of 19

Ohh! LOL I love that idea, mommicakes! but too late, I already made a "do it yourself" topper! It's here: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1247372 I do believe it's the first "Vasectomy" cake on here. icon_lol.gif Let me know what you think!

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 8:20pm
post #8 of 19

too cute tootall!!! I love it. sorry it was a little too late. icon_smile.gif

Tootall Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 11:56am
post #9 of 19

It's ok!! Maybe someone else will get a vasectomy, and I can do the weenie on ice icon_lol.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 2:48pm
post #10 of 19

I was thinking a miniature guillotine.

Oh dear...

Tootall Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:20pm
post #11 of 19

I thought about that, too 7yyrt! But my hubby said that was more like a circumcision icon_lol.gif So we went scissors.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:36pm
post #12 of 19

Oh heavens, that's right... wrong one! eek!

Good thing I didn't do the operation!

Tootall Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:29pm
post #13 of 19

Haha!! Poor Elmo would have woke up to LESS than what he signed up for! icon_eek.gif

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 2:40am
post #14 of 19

I know this is a little late for what you need, but the idea just came to me:

A cake of the lower torso and upper legs and a giant band aid across where the penis should be.

Tootall Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 10:25am
post #15 of 19

Ooo, that is a good idea! Maybe someone else will be having a vasectomy and I can make another icon_biggrin.gif Thanks!

SliceTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SliceTheCake Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 8:28pm
post #16 of 19

I'm glad I saw this! One of my friends just asked me to make a vasectomy cake for her husband. He had complications, so it needs to be a "botched vasectomy" cake, lol. (she specifically asked for bruised testicles, but I'm not sure how to even go about doing that!). I've never done anything like this and don't really want to go buy a new pan to do it - so any ideas for me? I like the bandaid idea and the ice idea, but I have NO IDEA how to pull that one off, lol. (no pun intended) icon_wink.gif
Thanks!

Tootall Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:53am
post #17 of 19

Hmm... are you wanting to do a cake topper in fondant or the whole cake? I'm not an expert, especially in shaped cakes, so I'll just throw out a couple of ideas. If you want to do the pair in cake, I would think you could do them in a ball pan (hahaahah! icon_lol.gif) or ovenproof bowls icon_biggrin.gif Then shape them a bit, ice them (ice them in purple of blue. LOL That would be funny) and maybe add some hair icon_confused.gif Ick!

For fondant topper... Hmm... You could do one kind of like I did, with the syrofoam balls covered in fondant, and then use a sponge and thinned coloring to dab on the bruising (Sp??) You could add a little weenie to it, and make the balls really big, like they're swollen. icon_lol.gif Ouch, poor guy!! I'm looking forward to others' ideas!! And your cake!

SliceTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SliceTheCake Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 10:01pm
post #18 of 19

Thanks for the ideas! I ended up just winging it and using a "clip art" type picture as a guide, lol. I just uploaded the pic to my gallery. I wasn't thrilled with it but it turned out better than I thought it would, lol!

Tootall Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 1:51am
post #19 of 19

LOL It looks good!!! I think it gets the point across icon_wink.gif The stitches are too funny icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%