How Early Have You Delivered

Decorating By matwogirls Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 2:47am by matwogirls

matwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matwogirls Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 6

I have a wedding where they ceremony is at 4, the reception starts at 7. Now they are having at a venue that rents out the space only, so the family is the only one with a key. And they will be decorating in the morning of the wedding. So, would you deliver the cake ( I stack on site unless I get my sps system delivery before) in the morning, or would you take them up on the offer of sending someone over between the church and the reception to let me in. This I would think would be inconvenient for them, but setting up the cake while the whole family is decorating does not sound to appealing to me. Plus if I deliver later who's to say that specific relative will be there on time so that I can be done for the wedding.....

Any thoughts?
Janice

5 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 6

Personally, I'd arrange a time to arrive near the end of their decorating time in the morning. That way, the decorating is done and your cake table is ready....then neither you, nor they need to worry about trying to meet you between ceremony and reception!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 6

TELL them that you'll be there to deliver at 5PM and someone needs to be there at that time. I learned, you set the delivery time, not them.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccr03

TELL them that you'll be there to deliver at 5PM and someone needs to be there at that time. I learned, you set the delivery time, not them.

AGREE!! See my response on this other thread: http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-594553-.html

NayNay2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NayNay2 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 7:35pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccr03

I have to agree, I mean her wedding cake is a pretty important part of the reception and I'm sure they will find someone to let you in to set it up.

matwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matwogirls Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 2:47am
post #6 of 6

Thanks all for the replies I took your advice and told them they needed to let me in at 5pm.

Janice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%