Wonder Woman Cake Help

Decorating By redhare Updated 31 Jul 2008 , 9:40pm by SugaredUp

redhare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redhare Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 8

My sil requested a wonder woman cake which was all fine and dandy until she said she wanted the invisible plane.... I'm not sure if any of you have seen Wonder Woman her plane was invisible but you could still see wonder woman.

SOOOO I'm not sure how to accomplish that, this is a cake for an adult so I don't want it to be toooo cheesy (besides the fact that it's wonder woman LOL)

Any ideas or help would be great

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Invisibleplane.jpg

here is a link to what the plane looked like, thanks

7 replies
kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 4:24am
post #2 of 8

Just make her a wonder woman cake and if she asks where the plane is say "Duh...it's invisible." lol
No seriously if you want something edible then maybe you could try I think it's called poured sugar but you'd have to work fast. Otherwise I would use plexi-glass.

redhare Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 8

OMG when she told me that she wanted that I said "OH COOL all I have to do is get a cake board and tada I'm done b/c it's invisible" LOL we think alike LMAO.....

I've never done pulled sugar and frankly I'm scared is it difficult and is there instructions on here?

kimmypooh79 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:28am
post #4 of 8

I don't know. You could do a search under forums for sugar art or poured sugar.

redhare Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 9:14pm
post #5 of 8

Last night my dh (who always helps me w/ my designs) looks at me and said I GOT IT, it's so painfully obvious I can't believe I didn't think of it before!!!!!!!!

I will make a black silhouette of the plane and then have a wire going up and having Wonder Woman on the wire. SO it like the shadowof the plane is casting on the ground and she is up in the invisible plane! HOW EASY is that. The hardest part is getting enough support for Wonder Woman not to fall! I LOVE my dh! LOL now the hard part (MAKING wonder woman ACK)

kimmypooh79 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:54am
post #6 of 8

I wonder if there is some kind of acrylic dowel that you could stick up her rear end to keep her supported.

redhare Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 4:56pm
post #7 of 8

k well she's done - dh had a plexi type thing that he cut and let me use to make a chair and support for her...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1248119

thanks for your help

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 9:40pm
post #8 of 8

Could you do a gelatin invisible plane? I'm not sure exactly how it would all go together...... Maybe it wouldn't work.... It would have to probably lie flat.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%