Covering Plywood!

Decorating By wirries Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 1:14am by serialbabe1968

wirries Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wirries Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 6

Hi Everyone!

Just bought my first sheet of plywood and was wondering how to cover it the best way. Any suggestions would be great!!

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 6

for greatest flexibility ---

sand it very smooth

treat w/ food grade finish (not vegetable oil -- it will turn rancid!) -- you can find food grade finishes online and at better stores catering to the woodworking market.
this kind of finish is not "oily" -- it's the kind used for fine wood bowls, utensils and the like that you would use for salads and other foods.

then can cover it any ol' way you want so long as it is food safe or just leave uncovered for the natural wood look.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 6

What is the look you are going for? If you are just covering it in fanci foil or whatever, you will need to use hot glue to attach it, tape won't work.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 11:49pm
post #4 of 6

But ... I cover mine with white shelving paper... sticks wonderfully... Then I cover with fanci foil or whatever I wanna use... and it tapes fine to that...

Lots of different techniques these wonderful CCers are giving you icon_smile.gif

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 1:12am
post #5 of 6

don't ya know.. i have this very question today! thanks to everyone for the suggestions

serialbabe1968 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
serialbabe1968 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 1:14am
post #6 of 6

i cover mine with fondant

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%