Bettercream And Strawberries Please Help

Decorating By trulyjulie Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 6:14pm by trulyjulie

trulyjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trulyjulie Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:40pm
post #1 of 5

I have used Bettercream for filling before but want to use fresh strawberries in it. How long in advance can I fill the cake before the strawberries will change texture? Also I've filled with Bettercream but never iced, can I use the glaze technique on top of the cake, like will the Bettercream set up enough for that to work? Thanks in advance for your help.

4 replies
trulyjulie Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 5

Anyone? please help, how long can I leave fresh strawberries in the filling before they go soggy?

sjmoral Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjmoral Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:15am
post #3 of 5

I have done several cakes with bettercream and strawberries and they have been fine refrigerated. I decorate 2 days in advance and never had a problem.

sgauta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgauta Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 4:51pm
post #4 of 5

I've done a strawberry filling a couple of times, I got the recipe from this site. I also decorate at least two days in advance (and kept it refrigerated) and never had a problem with the strawberry taste/texture. It turned out just fine. It wasn't just strawberries though, like I said, it was a prepared filling recipe.

I'm not sure what you mean about the glazing technique so I can't help you there, sorry. Good luck with your cake!

Sarah

trulyjulie Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:14pm
post #5 of 5

thanks! I baked today and will fill tonight decorate tomorrow for party saturday. sounds like that will work. Thank you so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%