About Mmf

Decorating By traceyjade Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 2:27am by kimberlina25

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 10:28pm
post #1 of 2

I would like to know how long in advance I can make MMF. I want to try a cake with this. I have never used fondant and I am just dying to try icon_biggrin.gif Also do I just color when ready to use or make all the colors I need and then store. I am doing a baby shower cake for Monday and I would be greatful for any help possible. Thanks to all thumbs_up.gif
Tracey

1 reply
kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 2:27am
post #2 of 2

if you make it in the next day or so, it should be fine for when you decorate. just keep it sealed in an airtight bag. the easiest way to color fondant (imho) is to melt your marshmallows, add your coloring (i always add a little more than i need because it will lighten) and then add your ps. maybe i am the only slow one with this, but i used to make a whole batch for just one color. then i realized, i can just melt half a bag or a 1/4 of bag of marshmallows (a nice tip if you just need a small amount of a certain color) i don't know if i said that well or not, but make up the colors you need ahead of time, it will save you time, it will save you from cleaning a huge mess, and will save your hand from hurting if you don't have to knead colors in.

Hope That Helps thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%