Website Speed?

Decorating By tootie0809 Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 12:45am by millermom

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 9:26pm
post #1 of 8

Is it just me or is this website ultra slow most of the time? Sometimes I can pull up the forums or picture galleries pretty quickly, but for the most part it takes longer than any other website I've ever been to. I've cleared my cookies. I love this website, but my goodness, there are times I want to pull my hair out with how slow things can move. I have cable internet access, so my connection speed is not the problem. Is this just how the website always is? TIA! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 8

its the same way for me. i think it is all the google ads, i have to wait for them to load every time, even when i just scroll down the page, it will go so far and the ads have to reload. i dont get to read as much as i used to cause of it, its very frustrating and i move on, but only after the ad has loaded, cause i cant even move off of CC until then.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 12:23am
post #3 of 8

Thanks for the reply. I try being patient, but sometimes the slow speed drives me bonkers! I was just wondering if it is a normal thing for this site. I've only been coming here for the past few weeks and absolutely love how much information and inspiration I get from it all. It's such a great community here. I'm so glad I found it! Just wish it was a little faster.

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 12:28am
post #4 of 8

I love CC too & I know how you feel. The thing is I think that it's so popular that it becomes slow @ times when everyone is on it. There is certain times of the day it fine then the next it's slow. I actually think they have made progress after this past time they updated the servers.

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 12:41am
post #5 of 8

I am on DSL and it is soooooo slooooooow on CC, that I open up two or three windows so I can be working on other web sites, email, etc. while a photo downloads from CC. I have written letters and still come back to CC and it is still loading. This is a good lesson for all of us to learn when it comes to our own sites.

Peeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeg Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 12:43am
post #6 of 8

Get use to it!!! There have been several up grades, but it doesn't help one bit. It's been like this for a couple years. So you stick with it or you move on.Yes, we all love it, but sure makes things rough waiting for everything. There has been many, many post about the same situation and always the same answers.

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 12:43am
post #7 of 8

I have broadband, and I agreed with you until I downloaded the new Firefox.

Sometimes the website is slow...like it is stuck. but much faster now. It really does seem like it is stuck...I'll try to open several topics in different windows when it gets slow like that, and they will all open at the exact same time.

I do think the new Firefox has helped a lot!

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 12:45am
post #8 of 8

It may sound a little crazy, but sometimes when things are really slow on this website, I stop and go into something on "My Account," like "My Photos," or something, and then when I click "home" again, things are a little faster (emphasis on a little!) I think that's because it will sometimes refresh the home screen, or something.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%