Recipes: Fillings

Baking By Doug Updated 13 Jul 2008 , 8:34pm by danijus

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:55pm
post #91 of 102

CocoaBlondie.. NO problem ! I just cant see bp spreading very well ? I love anything with peanut butter !

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 4:01pm
post #92 of 102

I guess you can always add a little milk, or warm it if you wanted to.

mrsbink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsbink Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 5:29pm
post #93 of 102

WOW!!! I just clicked on "the link" fiddlesticks. That is AWESOME! Thank you so much!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:03pm
post #94 of 102

mrsbink.. Thanks and they were just updated last night so thats everything ! Enjoy !!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 2:55am
post #95 of 102

Playingwithsugar was in NYC, cake stuff shopping. Then she did some more cake stuff shopping locally to her.

Fiddle, you asked about spreading PB without wrecking the cake.

Let's think about this - what is the best way to soften a fat-based spread without changing the recipe?

Warm it! All you have to do is warm the PB in the nuke for 30 seconds at most, stir it, then spread it.

When it cools, it will return to it's original thick, gooey, stick to the roof of your mouth goodness.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

mrsbink Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:26pm
post #96 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

SMBC is all I use.. you can get it very smooth but it doesn't crust so you can use the viva or the melvira methods.

PB Mousse

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup chilled whipping cream

Using electric mixer, beat peanut butter and cream cheese in large bowl to blend. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until well blended. Using clean dry beaters, beat whipping cream in medium bowl until stiff peaks form; fold into peanut butter mixture in 4 additions.

Sooooo yummy

Ok so this is probably the dumbest question....once I fill the cake with this can it stay at room temp at all? Or does it have to be refrigerated because of the cream cheese? I'm trying to find a PB filling that can keep at room temp for about a day and a half. anyone know of anything like that??

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:28pm
post #97 of 102

This one gets a bit soft when you leave it out. There's a PB filling recipe on here.. Peanut Butter Cup Filling I think.. that is good and could stay out. icon_smile.gif

mrsbink Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:29pm
post #98 of 102

thank you so much for the reply!!!

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:19pm
post #99 of 102

I just made some PB mousse last night. I decided to go ahead & add some cocoa & make it chocolate PB mousse. It was sssooo good. Only thing is, that it got a little to thich maybe. I think I'll try just using syrup or melted ss next time. Has anyone else ever tried this? Maybe you could give me your ratio to add to this recipe? So I can rule out trial & error icon_smile.gif

danijus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danijus Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:29pm
post #100 of 102

[quote="playingwithsugar"]Playingwithsugar was in NYC, cake stuff shopping. Then she did some more cake stuff shopping locally to her.

Where is there good cake stuff shopping in NY? I can't find a good place.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 6:03pm
post #101 of 102

Theresa icon_smile.gif here. Hey, where is Hopewell? Is that upstate? I grew up in Alphabet City, live in PA now.

Anyway, I buy most of my supplies in NYC or the outerboroughs. There is a much larger selection, and the prices are better. When I come into the City, I go to

NY Cake and Bakery Supply, on 22nd Street, between 5th and 6th.

I also order directly from

SatinIce, which is upstate (you must call to place your order)

Pfeil and Holing - in LIC

and Kerekes in Brooklyn.

I have been to Bridge Kitchenworks, and JB Prince, and have found some unusual items at both, but I find them very pricey. They mostly provide for restaurants and pastry chefs, not very much in cake decorating.

Next time I go up there, I will send you a PM - we can shop together, then maybe do lunch at the dumpling parlor on 23rd.

Take care -

Theresa icon_smile.gif

danijus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danijus Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 8:34pm
post #102 of 102

Hopewell is in upstate NY about and 1 1/2 hours from NYC. I found one store near me but everything was so old. Never heard of Alphabet city.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%