A few questions here from the new girl.
1. How long can I keep my fondant I made? Do I put it in the fridge?
2. What is the best cookie or recipe you have found to use for cookie bouquets
3. After you bake you cookie them you place the stick in the bottom before it colols? Right?
4. I'm looking for a tutorial on royal icing how to.
Thanks for reading! I love this place!
1. I think fondant be kept for a while!! you just have to wrap it good like in saran wrap, then like a ziploc, and inside an airtight container.
2. The best cookie I've found, even though I've never done the bouquets, is the NFSC. No fail sugar cookie, recipe is here on CC. And I think that is what the majority of CC member use. I love it!
3. I dont know about this one, since I've never done bouquets.
4. I dont have a tutorial... sorry! :*(
Hope I helped alittle!!
and welcome to CC!
Antonia74 has a great tutorial on baking and Icing cookies!!! Here is the link -- http://www.cakecentral.com/article54-How-To-Bake--Decorate-Cookies.html
Welcome to CC!!
1. Dont know much but I know it needs to be wrapped REALLY WELL to keep from drying out.
2. Sugar cookies work great for me. And I know some will throw things at me for this (throw cake balls pelase!! lol) but I use the betty C. sugar cookie mix, with a coupon for $1 off two bags they are just a dollar a bag and I get nothing but compliments for them.
3 I put the stick in before I bake. There are a lot of threads on this so try a search. Basically I just put my hand on the cookie and push in the stick once in I patch up any tears with more dough over the stick and pop in the oven. Just make sure it is well into the cookie. I push mine in 3/4ths the way.
4. Antonia74 is great with cookies try there.
Thanks, thanks Everyone! Awesome tips! I will check out all the links and places you have suggested. I think I 'll use that NFSC recipe I saw that some place on here but was not sure what i t meant ,but I'll keep the Betty idea for quickies. Not bad if it works well or if I'm on a budget. GREAT idea!
Hugs and cupcakes to all