Hey, Who's Going To Cakecamp?

Decorating By jayla Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 10:01am by jayla

jayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayla Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 9:26am
post #1 of 7

Is everyone excited about CakeCamp? I am hoping to learn some new techniques and to see some amazing cakes. Can anyone tell me what's the best way to carry supplies needed for class? My suitcase may get a little heavy.

Hope to meet my Cakecentral friends

jayla

6 replies
DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 10:16am
post #2 of 7

okay, gotta ask... what's Cake Camp? icon_razz.gif

Juny1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juny1980 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 10:36am
post #3 of 7

I'm like DoniB....what is CakeCamp and how can I get in??? I hope it's not too late. Can anyone share the details??? Thanks!

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 12:14pm
post #4 of 7

I don't have any details about this years Cake Camp but attended in Las Vegas 2 years ago. Its basically many different classes/demonstrations done by cake decorating/cookie/candy professionals. There are also vendors selling decorating-related items as well. I believe there are also dinners and raffles planned for attendees, but I did not attend any of those.
It was pretty cool..I took a class on gumpaste flowers, rolled buttercream and one other I can't remember..icon_smile.gif

I"m sure if you do a google search for cake camp, you'll find all of the details!

Cindy

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 12:36pm
post #5 of 7

Here's the link http://www.cakecamp.com/

Jayla - I've talked to a few people who are sending supplies via postal mail - not sure if they worked out a deal with the hotel. I'm just packing all my stuff in suitcases - I have a direct flight so hopefully nothing gets lost!

What classes are you taking? I've signed up for Basic Australian; Flower Arrangement; Commercial Australian; and Qulling designs.

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 2:58pm
post #6 of 7

I'll be there. I am taking Colette Peter's "How to make a crooked cake", Debbie Brown's "Baby Ballerina", Bronwen Weber's "Airbrush everything", and Nicholas Lodge's "Gumpaste bridal flowers".

I hope we all can meet up while we are there. They were talking about everyone from cc wearing a ribbon or mardi gras beads, or something so we would know a fellow cc member.

jayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayla Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 10:01am
post #7 of 7

I probably will wear a ribbon. I signed up for Buttercream flowers, Writing made easy, Fun Tiered Cakes, Fast flowers. I wanted to take the gumpaste flower class, but it is full. I wanted to take some other classes but they were full. I was too slow. So disappointed.

Hope to meet you all there

jayla

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%