Rude Members, Can We Report Them?

Lounge By AKA_cupcakeshoppe Updated 18 Jul 2008 , 11:56am by Mike1394

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 2:53am
post #31 of 76

Sorry I'm late for the cakeball fight. Hope you didn't start without me. I'm a newbie, but I'll fight to the death (by chocolate) icon_lol.gif

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 2:55am
post #32 of 76

We decided that throwing cakeballs at those meanies is an insult to the cakeball and they serve better use filling our tummy's! So you didn't miss anything! icon_lol.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 9:56am
post #33 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

I would sometimes agree it could be hormonal.. BUT... this certain person tends to ALWAYS turn a thread bad... and it seems to be a problem....if it is good.. then it is time for it to show up for sure icon_sad.gif

I am tired of sitting back and ignoring... I'm sometimes ready to throw cakeballs GRRR

i agree with you. we all have bad days, we get emotional, etc. but this particular person seems to ENJOY making rude comments over and over again. i'm not talking about heated arguments because trust me there are times when i've gotten mad and have just let it all out. i'm talking about snide remarks, remarks that are more mean and mocking than sarcastic.

i've seen the same attitude from one particular member and yes i could choose to ignore it but still it kinda pisses me off. if you can't be nice, at least pretend to be, you know?

wgoat5, i think we both are talking about the same person.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 12:14pm
post #34 of 76

Ohh more than likely so.... it's a shame though that we would know who they are without even saying a name icon_sad.gif LOL

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:43pm
post #35 of 76

im pretty sure im talking about the same person as you guys are, i noticed her nastiness in a thread yesterday, and while i dont recall what thread or her name, just the avatar, i know you had also posted on that thread cupcakeshoppe.

VannaD Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:49pm
post #36 of 76

woah, so yes its definately the same person , b/c i checked the post from yesterday and it seems that you guys posted more after i checked it last, so it appears you guys got the ball rolling so something can be done about it, WONDERFUL!

Amia Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 3:56pm
post #37 of 76

Well there's more than just one out there.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 4:09pm
post #38 of 76

Oh, yes, there's definitely more than one, some a little more toxic than others, and happily they seem to be missing today.

Amia Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 4:26pm
post #39 of 76

Yep. Does anyone know what will eventually happen to rude members if they're reported enough? Do they have to leave? Are they just reprimanded over and over? Does nothing happen? I'm just curious...

BTW Veejay, I really love your avatar! I look for your posts so I can see your sweet kitty! Okay, I'm a nerd! icon_lol.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 4:40pm
post #40 of 76

kindly define "rude"

Is it:

making snide comments?

being sarcastic (in which case considering how sarcastic I can be about myself - then I'm awful rude to me!)?

not bothering to say thank you?

hrummphing that "well as good as that is, I can do better"?

truthfully pointing out areas needing improvement (like when a man answers -- YES the pants DO make you look fat -- so why are you wearing them??)

speaking the truth about anything without the little white lies or sugar coating?

gossiping in any and all forms including chatting about "someone who shall not be named" and how --fill in w/ the current area of how that person is just SO wrong be it clothes, hair, food choice, shoe choice, man/spouse choice, attitude, way the person walks/talks/breaths, and on and on -- they are??

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 5:59pm
post #41 of 76

There are ways to go about things without being rude...

mocking... for one is VERY rude.. no matter what it is about... learned this from a VERY early age myself... guess some might not think this is bad icon_sad.gif

following a member... saying rude things just to them... just to be doing it.. boredom I suppose...

pming a member to be rude, sarcastic or nasty...

coming on as another name and doing the same things I just mentioned...

The OP was asking if someone can turn someone in for being rude...

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 7:04pm
post #42 of 76

. . . thankfully we do have ways of dealing with "rude" people on this forum . . . "reporting bad posts" as per the button at the bottom right of the post in question . . . as as for rude PMs . . . we can block those people from being able to PM us as well (granted we would probably have had to receive one before we would bother to go to this step) . . . Jackie and Heath want this to be a safe happy community for everyone, so we should be reporting the bad posts and allowing them to deal with the offenders in whatever manner they see fit . . . that may include deleting the offending post . . . and I expect ultimately banning repeat offenders from the site completely . . . they may return as different "user names" but even that is traceable if they continue with their icon_evil.gif evil ways (IP addresses are visible to the administrators of this site)

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 7:25pm
post #43 of 76

Amie, I know who your bully is, and she bullies others too. I can think of 3 bullies who stand out to me right off the top of my head!

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 11:13pm
post #44 of 76

The moderators cannot possibly read every post to every thread so it is up to the members to police this site as well. Definitely report bad posts or posts that use foul language or you can PM a moderator about it. The moderators do check the posts and thread before locking or deleteing them. They don't do it just based on a report.

I think it is easier to be mean to others or come across as mean when you aren't looking them in the eye. I've had things said to me here that no one would dare say if they were talking to me in person. That said, we should all try to be extra polite to one another and take a second to think about what we are typing. Bickering and ugliness is uncalled for here on CC and it will not be tolerated.

I also totally agree with the person who said ignoring bad behavior works. You only feed the fire when you converse with a troublemaker; not to mention make yourself look as stupid as they do. Report the post, ignore the troublemaker and they will have no reason to be here.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 5:16am
post #45 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

kindly define "rude"

Is it:

making snide comments?

In this case, for me, yes.

Quote:

being sarcastic (in which case considering how sarcastic I can be about myself - then I'm awful rude to me!)?

sarcasm is different from mocking. and doug being sarcastic about yourself is an adorable trait icon_smile.gif

Quote:

not bothering to say thank you?

nope.

Quote:

hrummphing that "well as good as that is, I can do better"?

in this case, no.

Quote:

truthfully pointing out areas needing improvement (like when a man answers -- YES the pants DO make you look fat -- so why are you wearing them??)

speaking the truth about anything without the little white lies or sugar coating?

That's being honest. I call that the truth that hurts versus the truth that sets you free icon_wink.gif

Quote:

gossiping in any and all forms including chatting about "someone who shall not be named" and how --fill in w/ the current area of how that person is just SO wrong be it clothes, hair, food choice, shoe choice, man/spouse choice, attitude, way the person walks/talks/breaths, and on and on -- they are??

That's being mean, but that's not what I meant in this particular case.

cvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvigil Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 10:35pm
post #46 of 76

I can't understand why people want to be just plain mean on such a helpful, happy site. icon_razz.gif
Why can't we all just get along!!??? icon_cry.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 11:38pm
post #47 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvigil

Why can't we all just get along!!???

Because not everyone wants to. icon_cry.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 11:46pm
post #48 of 76

I know who I'm thinking it is, but this thread also makes me nervous that someone thinks it's me! icon_eek.gif That's my paranoia. I swear that I try to be nice!

And I'd define "meanness" in this case as making snarky remarks that are intended to be condescending and dismissive. Once in a while a remark like that might make its way into some of our posts (thank you, hormones) but this is on a consistent basis, and usually seems to be done deliberately to bait someone.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 11:49pm
post #49 of 76

i gave up on "nice"

crotchety curmudgeon is more to my liking

move over Andy Rooney, it's my turn

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 11:53pm
post #50 of 76

Doug- you can be crotchety and curmudgeonly, I'll be frazzled and cranky.

dragonflydreams Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 11:57pm
post #51 of 76
Quote:

i gave up on "nice"

. . . Doug, if you're crotchety curmudgeon . . . guess that makes me snarky and sarcastic . . .

dragonflydreams Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 12:13am
post #52 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflydreams

Quote:

i gave up on "nice"

. . . Doug, if you're crotchety curmudgeon . . . guess that makes me snarky and sarcastic . . .

. . . OMG . . . it's true . . . that was sarcasim right there . . . icon_twisted.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 6:28am
post #53 of 76

lol you guys make smile. thanks icon_smile.gif

costumeczar, it not you. it looks like the people we thought to eb rude don't visit this thread. curious, ain't it? icon_wink.gif

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 1:18pm
post #54 of 76

what would they say if they did "visit this thread"? say "oh here I am! did someone say my name?" icon_confused.gificon_surprised.gif

yes, I admit it, I can be sarcastic. icon_wink.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 1:58pm
post #55 of 76

Guys, don't let a few people get you so excited. You have to learn to ignore it and move on. My blood pressure would be sky high if I let every little comment that someone made on here get to me.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 3:57pm
post #56 of 76

It gets old when people ask for advice or how to do something, and you take a lot of time replying to them with specific, detailed information, and they don't even thank you. It's not like I want someone to kiss my feet or anything, but a simple thank you would be nice.

Also, there have been times that I started a thread asking for advice, and people got all judgemental on me. Not every time, just a few times.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:05pm
post #57 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeshoppe

lol you guys make smile. thanks icon_smile.gif

costumeczar, it not you. it looks like the people we thought to eb rude don't visit this thread. curious, ain't it? icon_wink.gif

maybe they're just too polite to comment. icon_rolleyes.gif

VannaD Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:09pm
post #58 of 76

Doug you cracked me up with that andy rooney comment! icon_lol.gif it is funny how the rude ones dont bother to post on this thread, hmmm icon_rolleyes.gif

lisad1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisad1 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 6:24pm
post #59 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

Guys, don't let a few people get you so excited. You have to learn to ignore it and move on. My blood pressure would be sky high if I let every little comment that someone made on here get to me.

I agree, you have to let things roll off...I tend to think most people are nice. I'm pretty sure I know who you all referring too. But I really don't read them as being mean. I see it as an attempt at humor (albeit sarcastic humor). I tend to think it's funny for the most part.

Not only that, but I think you need some of that to balance all the "sweetness". Even birthday.gif icing has salt in it to counterbalance it!!
icon_wink.gif

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 7:52pm
post #60 of 76

A topic like this is usually shark bait. Hopefully, I'm not the shark.

As for thank you's, I have to 'assume' that the person took the information and went back to work and simply forgot. (again assuming I was helpful)

TGIF!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%