Need Help With Response To Customer?

Business By CakeMommyTX Updated 8 Jul 2008 , 2:55pm by dinas27

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 3:44am
post #1 of 6

I have a potential customer who wants to do a tasting, to make a long story short I just plain don't want to mess with tastings right now.
I'm too pregnant and they are too much work.
So how do I tell them no tastings with out losing the order?
She did state in her email she was interested in a tasting "if I even did those", so it sounds like she might not be too disappointed if I said no.
Its just my brain is not letting me type a response that doesnât come across as "hell no you can't taste my cake".
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

5 replies
Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 3:49am
post #2 of 6

Maybe something along the lines of "unfortunately my schedule does not allow for tastings at this point"?

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 3:49am
post #3 of 6

Tell her she can pick up a few cupcakes to take home and sample. icon_smile.gif

cakesbyallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyallison Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 3:50am
post #4 of 6

Is it for a wedding cake or just a special occassion cake? If it's not a wedding cake, tell her you don't to tastings unless they're for weddings, serving 100 (?) or more. Personally I wouldn't do w/ a tasting if it was anything less - if so, I would charge. Or you could tell her you'd be happy to, but you do charge for tastings (again, if set an order limit) and price it out. She may opt out!

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 4:33am
post #5 of 6

Yeah just give her a couple cupcakes...that's all i ever do...

i'm cranky too...MeNoPaUsE

i just tell them to come by the shop and pick em up....i haven't lost an order yet of peeps that have tasted!

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 2:55pm
post #6 of 6

are you doing any cakes in the next couple of weeks? take a little batter out of whatever flavor you are making and do a cupcake or two, or give her some cake scraps.

Let her know that you dont usually do tastings but if she would like to try some you could give her whatever you have laying around - no flavor choices. She picks them up and goes away because you are hormonal.

If no cakes scheduled - just tell hre sorry you dont do that at the present time. And if she cant wait a couple of weeks to get the stuff then she's not planning far enough ahead for a big party (big enough to make a tasting worthwhile)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%