Sun Valley/ketchum Idaho

Lounge By sandygirl Updated 14 Jul 2008 , 12:42am by sandygirl

sandygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandygirl Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 12:39am
post #1 of 5

Is there anyone here from the Sun Valley/Ketchum area? My family is going there on vacation in about 6 weeks to visit our neice and nephew. What are the things that we "must do" while we are there? Our neice and nephew have only lived there a month and are just now getting settled in with their job, apartment ete so they haven't really had a time to do much exploring to make recommendations. Also, we will be spending a day in Boise before we fly home. Is there anything that you recommend we do while we are there?

4 replies
peterlori1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peterlori1 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 9:24am
post #2 of 5

That is a tough question to answer. It all depends on what your interests are. You may want to get online and check out http://www.sunvalley.com/SunValley/info/act.aspx or
http://www.svguide.com/
There is a fantastic Arts and Crafts festival in August in Ketchum that draws artisans from all over the country. Lots of art galleries and shopping. Golfing, hiking, day trips over Galena summit to Mountain lakes. Ride the ski lift to the top of Baldy, walk or mountain bike back down. You can rent bikes at the base of Baldy on the River Run side. The lodge on that side of the mountain is worth going and gawking at. There are free concerts during August with world renown musicians playing classical music. The weather is great in the summer, but bring a jacket for the cool evenings. Did I mention golf? Drive around and look at all the multi-million dollar homes in the area.

Again, so many things to do. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

mybestfriend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mybestfriend Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 5

I can't offer any advice except to say you will fall in love! My best friend lives in Boise. I went to visit her for the first time three summers ago.....she always came to visit me here in Florida. Anyway, we drove to the Sun Valley area and spent a couple of days sightseeing. It is absolutely beautiful! We rode the ski lifts to the top of a mountain and walked around......breathtaking! I'm a Florida born girl, lived in Dallas, Texas for 17 years, and all I knew was flat land and ocean. The mountains are amazing. That trip made me realize that no matter where we go in this world, God has created a beautiful landscape. There is something to be appreciated everywhere. I hope you have a wonderful trip......enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

mybestfriend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mybestfriend Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 5

I can't offer any advice except to say you will fall in love! My best friend lives in Boise. I went to visit her for the first time three summers ago.....she always came to visit me here in Florida. Anyway, we drove to the Sun Valley area and spent a couple of days sightseeing. It is absolutely beautiful! We rode the ski lifts to the top of a mountain and walked around......breathtaking! I'm a Florida born girl, lived in Dallas, Texas for 17 years, and all I knew was flat land and ocean. The mountains are amazing. That trip made me realize that no matter where we go in this world, God has created a beautiful landscape. There is something to be appreciated everywhere. I hope you have a wonderful trip......enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

sandygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandygirl Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 12:42am
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the suggestions. I will definately keep these in mind. I can't wait. I need a break from all of the "hum drum" of daily life. I can't wait to see the family and see the beautiful mountains.

Thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%