How Boring And Plain -How Can I Jazz This Up???

Decorating By SOULLA13 Updated 8 Jul 2008 , 7:26am by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

SOULLA13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SOULLA13 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 5

Hi there,

I just had an order for a very fun outgoing girl to make her 30th birthday. I know what your all thinking-fantastic time to show what i can really do!!! Well no, see the mother of the girl wants a sheet cake with 30 written on it, the girl doesnt want to let her mum down as this is what she requested but asked if i could make it really bright and colourful but im just stumped for designs.

Any ideas anyone????

4 replies
KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 5

Check Cakery's cakes out, she makes some awesome and fun sheet cakes!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-CAKERY.html

justgale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justgale Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 1:13am
post #3 of 5

if she is just wanting the number 30 in the middle of the cake why not decorate it in a crazy quilt pattern? That way you could use lots of diffrent colors and designs on it. I tired doing a search on here but couldn't find what I had in mind. The cake pictured is one I found on google. It sort of gives you an idea of what I'm talking about.
LL

Delynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Delynn Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 7:08am
post #4 of 5

Why not make the '3' & '0' really big, one large multicolored spots and the other number a rainbow of stripes or swirls and include 'The Big' on the top left corner = 'The Big 3 0'

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 7:26am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASCARLETT

Check Cakery's cakes out, she makes some awesome and fun sheet cakes!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-CAKERY.html

i second this! i can look at her cakes for hours. so colorful and cheery and definitely not "just a sheet cake" icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%