Please Help Me Decide Tier Sizes To Feed Over 300?

Decorating By JodieF Updated 16 Aug 2008 , 12:06am by JodieF

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 12:25am
post #31 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieF

wow do I ever have bad timing....posted the cake this morning...stayed on the main page for a couple minutes, got 1 comment.....

Shoot...*toeing ground*...I was thinking this one might really get some attention. Sorry for whining. icon_redface.gif

Hey Jodie, can you post the direct link to the photo in your gallery? For some reason it's not showing up when I view your photos and I'd really like to favorite it. icon_biggrin.gif

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 8:15pm
post #32 of 36

PiccoloChelle....I just reposted it. I don't know what I did! I wanted to edit the photo because I forgot to say a few things, and I must've deleted it. I just reposted it.

Duh!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:39am
post #33 of 36

Hey Jodie,

Absolutely fantastic job on this cake! I'm sure your friends loved it! The hours you spent on it sure show! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

apclassicwed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apclassicwed Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 7:22pm
post #34 of 36

Absolutely beautiful! Love the pictures on sides of cake
Inquiring minds wanna know---what kind of quotes did the daughter get from other bakeries?
How long did it take you to do this cake--especially the scroll work on the bottom tier?

JodieF Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 9:26pm
post #35 of 36

The bottom tier was covered with fondant lace that I made from a mold I got on elegantlacemolds.com. The mold is about 12 inches long and I had to make 5 pieces to go around the 18 inch square. Once molded, I had to trim around the shapes and then paint it with super gold luster dust. I also made the bow with that lace.
As for her calling other bakeries, I don't think she ever did. I think she realized that she could never come close to the deal I offered her. That cake cost her $262.
I wonder what a bakery would have charged for it??? icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

JodieF Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 12:06am
post #36 of 36

sorry Apclassicwed.....the cake took about 20 hours to ice and decorate.....but then I'd never done anything like it before. The problem with all the fondant lace, beads and "picture frames" was that I couldn't make them too far in advance. If they dried too much they'd break. So, I had to make it as I went........

Does anyone who's make a big old cake like this know what they would have charged? I'm curious!

Jodie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%