Where Can I Buy Wire?

Decorating By ArtieTs Updated 6 Jul 2008 , 8:48pm by loriemoms

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 4

Hi CC,

Forgive me in advance for asking such a dumb question but right now for the life of me I'm drawing a blank on where I can find the wire I will need to attach fondant flowers & butterflies for a baby shower cake I'm doing. I have no idea what kind ie.... gauge to buy. I would like to be able to twist & spiral it so where do I find this wire? Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 4

I buy my wire at Hobby Lobby or Ben Franklin. I keep 24 and 26 gauge on hand. You will also need florists tape in green or white depending on the flower you are making. HTH

dezzib27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dezzib27 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:42pm
post #3 of 4

I bought floral wire at Joann's or Michael's. Get the straight floral wires, not the stuff that comes in a roll. I made that mistake, big difference!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 4

I like the 18m myself, as it is little sturdier. I buy it from a beading company online...mountain something. If interested, I can dig up the web site. (not on the right computer right now) It comes in a variety of colors, including maroon and green and such, if you want to do twirly things ala Duff.

Quote by @%username% on %date%