Need Some Help!! Motercycle Cake!

Decorating By mandygirlxoxo Updated 8 Jul 2008 , 3:44am by iceit4me

mandygirlxoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandygirlxoxo Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 6:59pm
post #1 of 4

please help me come up with some ideas for a cool motoercycle cake. its for thursday and i gotta plan it out. i have the sheet cake in the oven right now i just have to figure out what im going to put on it!

3 replies
Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 4

Sculpted or keeping the sheet cake shape? I saw one on Duff's show Ace of Cakes but it was placed on supports and carved and shaped into one. Other than that, some buy motorcycle models that match the one they have and put them on top or usually draw a flat one on top.

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 7:22pm
post #3 of 4

If it's for a Harley Davidson, I saw quite a few cakes of the HD emblem/insignia in the photo gallery. You can probably get some good ideas there, too, no matter what make of motorcycle. Good luck, and be sure to share a photo when you're done! icon_smile.gif

iceit4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iceit4me Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 3:44am
post #4 of 4

I made a motorcycle cake using kids coloring book on things that go zoom. That was the name of the coloring book, by Golden Books. In it I found a great pic of a motorcycle it was large enough and not too detailed. I used the piping gel transfer method and filled it in with BC. For a great effect I put flames around it. You can check out my cake in CC in the father's day gallery section. I hope this is helpful to you. Email if you have another questions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%