Sugar Bottle Help!! Take A Look...

Decorating By lbain Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 1:57am by Jenn123

lbain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lbain Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:22am
post #1 of 5

okay so i recently tried making these sugar bottles and i have spent the last 4 hours trying and after 4 bottles....no hope here are some pics to show how my last 2 turned out....anyone have suggestions to know what im doing wrong/?
LL
LL

4 replies
NatalieJohnson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NatalieJohnson Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:34am
post #2 of 5

Not sure, but I've made wine bottles out of chocolate using a mold. It is a lot easier. You could use white chocolate and paint it green or gold the color of a beer bottle.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 5

The pics are so small, I can't tell what I'm looking at. Did the bottles collapse? Where I'm located, it is SO humid, I wouldn't dream of trying to make sugar bottles right now. What's gonna happen is, the sugar will be overcooked (hence the yellow bottle in your pic) and then the finished product will either collapse or never hold it's shape in the first place. You might be dealing with humidity.

mgdsue02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdsue02 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 5

It looks like the sugar may not have completely coated the inside of the mold. I had small holes in the neck of two of my bottles because of that. Try rotating the bottles VERY slowly while pouring the sugar in and then continuing to turn the mold so the sugar spreads evenly. I would turn the mold while peeking inside until the sugar stopped spreading. Then I would try to start pouring new sugar in the area I had stopped at. Hope this helps.

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:57am
post #5 of 5

I think maybe you don't have enough sugar mix. How much did you use? You probably quit turning the bottle before it was cool enough also. The yellow is because the sugar was a little over-cooked. Clear bottles are the hardest because there is a fine line between puddle and yellow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%