Are My Cakes Getting Any Better?

Decorating By delicious_designs7 Updated 6 Jul 2008 , 3:30am by lbain

delicious_designs7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delicious_designs7 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 10

I was just wondering if anyone would take a look at my latest cake(s) and my first cakes uploaded, and tell me if I am improving any...

Thank you!
LL

9 replies
bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 10

I love all of your cakes and they're all way better than mine! I hope when I grow up my icing can be as smooth as yours! Do you use Melvira method?

I love your bow too. icon_biggrin.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 10

When I read your subject line I almost didn't open your thread, my first reaction was "is WHAT getting any better? It would help a lot if we all would make it clear what we are writing about...like "are my cakes getting any better?" would have been very clear that you want us to look at your cakes.

Not to be picking on you, but there has been a lot of discussion on this subject lately.

The cake in the photo attached here is very nice, love the colors! Of course you are improving, anybody can see that.

delicious_designs7 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 10

Thank you! I use the Viva method? --I guess that is what it is called. icon_smile.gif

delicious_designs7 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 9:41pm
post #5 of 10

That is actually why I was being vague--so that someone would open it up. Most of my topics where I am straight to the point, do not ever get any feedback. So I thought I would try it this way.

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 1:37am
post #6 of 10

wow... i LOVE this cake! your bc is so smooth!

KateWatson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateWatson Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 2:20am
post #7 of 10

DD7 - you are doing great! Beautiful lettering, great colors, lovely bow, love the border along the bottom - keep up the fabulous work!!

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 2:54am
post #8 of 10

i think you are getting better. i feel the same way. it looks like you have more detail and color than in the other cakes. good luck.

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:18am
post #9 of 10

Yep getting better - GREAT JOB

lbain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lbain Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:30am
post #10 of 10

im pretty sure you were good to start out but it does look like ur cakes have proven...sorry i know its not a lot coming from a beginner haha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%