Ugh, Ever Make A Cake That Makes You Think, "bleh"

Decorating By Chef_Stef Updated 6 Jul 2008 , 12:45pm by snowshoe1

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 9:04pm
post #1 of 3

Well, I just did. icon_cry.gif

And, wouldn't you know--it's for my pickiest bride ever! (Long, long story).

I have to drive it an hour and a half still today and it's filled with pudding and mousse, and it will be an outside table, my favorite ( thumbsdown.gif ). Half the road will be dirt, after the first half being windy hills and 25 mph hairpin turns to get to this home on the lake.

Plus, I'm just NOT excited about how it turned out. The squares aren't my best work because it's Bettercream (my first time), and I see every little problem, the top one sits slightly off center (probably only *I* notice that), AND to top it off when I snapped a quick picture to see what it looks like on film (if it's any better...), I can see some places were my bottom pearl borders look like they were piped by Helen Keller. On all four sides...it's like "OMG there IS no 'front' of this cake!"

Ever have a day like that? icon_sad.gif

Oh well, at least the fondant cake for tomorrow is shaping up to be perfect.

Thanks for listening.

2 replies
Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 1:33am
post #2 of 3

Wow...don't all chime in at once. *snort*

I thought about it after I posted, and I decided to remove and repipe the borders, and the whole thing was totally acceptable when I delivered it. Aside from sitting on a table that was totally not level.

So...nevermind.

Have a great weekend all

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 12:45pm
post #3 of 3

Sorry you had to deal with this and glad to hear everything worked out in the end. You make great cakes; it always suprises me to hear someone with your talent is dissappointed in a creation - but I guess that's what makes you strive for continuous improvement.

To answer your question: yes - every cake I make I'm not happy with to some extent icon_sad.gif - but regardless, I have too much fun to not do it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%