Anyone Out There Into Finding Grocery Coupons??

Lounge By butternut Updated 19 Jul 2008 , 6:49am by KimAZ

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 20

With the prices of groceries constantly increasing, I've been trying to find some sights for grocery coupons. Has anyone else been doing the same? I've signed up at a few places like Valupak, etc but I'm going to keep looking. I did come across a website called The Coupon Clippers which is pretty decent. They charge you a fee for their time but you can get only the exact coupons that you want. I just placed my first order. I got about 45.00 worth of coupons that I know I'll use for only 4.80. Not free but not too bad. Anyway, thought I would share this find with everyone and ask if anyone has found any other great sites.

19 replies
PattyLen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyLen Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 1:57am
post #2 of 20

Here one that I use:

http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/index.php

Gotta save all that you can!

thumbs_up.gif

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 2:51am
post #3 of 20

I tried out the grocerygame.com but found it more aggravating then worthwhile ONLY because they update the lists for the best deals on Tuesdays, while I do my weekly shopping on Sundays so it wasn't really helping me out much. I might check out coupon clippers, sounds pretty decent.

cakebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebabe Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:04am
post #4 of 20

I like www.smartsource.com [/url]www.couponmom.com [url] has a lot of great tips. I also find great deals and ideas at [/url]http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com/[url]
And don't forget to check your favorite stores website. I know that Kroger and Meijer both have store coupons that you can print or load to your store card.[/url]

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:14am
post #5 of 20

I'm glad I saw this thread! If I find any good sites I'll post them! TFS the sites you guys already found! thumbs_up.gif

bec_elias Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bec_elias Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:21am
post #6 of 20

www.couponmom.com
and walmart has tons of free samples on their website, they change weekly I think

butternut Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 6:55pm
post #7 of 20

Thanks so much everyone. These are some great sources. I'm going grocery shopping next week and I hope to really see a difference. Thanks again!!!

pieface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieface Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 7:00pm
post #8 of 20

When Randalls/TomThumb grocery store would have triple coupon weekend.....I was THE QUEEN of bargain! icon_rolleyes.gif Well, actually my aunt is the queen since she taught me. icon_lol.gif
We would buy 4 Sunday papers on Mondays (way cheap on Mondays...some places actually GAVE them away& they have double coupons in each paper) and compare sale ads. We would have baskets FULL and never pay over $50!! My all time record is getting $235 in groceries & handing the cashier an envelope of coupons...then watch the total keep going down, down, down....all the way to $31.00!!!! I was so proud of myself and my husband is still confused to this day on how that happened. icon_confused.gif
My aunt, however, is the queen...she had $115 in groceries and actually had a 6 cent CREDIT....of course they can't give you money, so she walked out of the store without paying anything! She's my idol!!! icon_lol.gif

here are a few tips....
1. CLIP your coupons & use the in-store coupons
2. keep sale ads...many places will honor competitors prices/coupons
3. it's useful to have 2 coupons for buy one get one free items...just use a coupon for the one you bought AND for the one you get free!
4. if it's not a "STEAL" with the coupon, don't get it
5. keep a calulator...it'll help with pricing items when you can double or triple coupons
6. if they don't have an item that's a steal w/your coupon..take a raincheck. get the item at the coupon discount on a later date!
7. Always get only what you need, BUT if you find that a coupon doubled or trippled credits more than the cost of an item..GET IT, it will put a credit on your bill. It's like the store is paying you for buying it!
8. Be patient. It takes time to get really good at it like my aunt...she's a freak! when my sister tried, she paid about $50 for $80 of groceries & got discouraged. So be patient & take joy in ANY kind of savings!

butternut Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 7:33pm
post #9 of 20

OMG pieface icon_eek.gif you are my new idol icon_lol.gif Looks like your Aunt has taught you very well. WOW, your groceries were 235.00 and with the coupons you only paid 31.00, that is just FANTASTIC!!! I would have loved to see the expression on the cashier's face. I know I can never do that well because I don't have a store anywhere close that doubles coupons icon_cry.gif But I'm gonna keep clipping and do the best I can. Your sister really did great too. Wow, I'd love to get 80.00 worth of coupons and only pay 50.00. I'm going shopping next week and I'll let ya know how I did. I'm so glad you posted, I feel incouraged... thumbs_up.gif

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 3:59am
post #10 of 20

I wish we had a grocery store that doubled coupons!!!! No one does that here anymore. I am pretty good at getting 15-20% off my total bill just by planning my meals around what is on sale in the ads, but I really need to be more dilligent with coupons.

butternut Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:15pm
post #11 of 20

I ordered three times now from thecouponclippers.com which is based in Florida. I received my coupons within just a few days each time and I'm in Virginia. I love their site and I've got some great coupons. They've got so many to choose from that you're sure to find lots that you will use.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:27pm
post #12 of 20

I would like to try, but my husband does the grocery shopping and he hates lugging around coupons. LOL! They are just paper honey, not lead weights!

There is actually a club of sorts in my area that meet and swap coupons, but of course it's during the day and I work. There is also a local coupon guy that has seminars at local libraries about how to do what you are doing, pieface. I have yet to go, might be a bit embarrassed, but I think it's worth it if we can save some dough. I'm looking to quit one of my three jobs and if we can save about $500 per month I can do it (actually if hubby quits smoking and packs his lunch, it will be $400 right there a month! Yikes!)

pieface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieface Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 2:42am
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut

OMG pieface icon_eek.gif you are my new idol icon_lol.gif Looks like your Aunt has taught you very well. WOW, your groceries were 235.00 and with the coupons you only paid 31.00, that is just FANTASTIC!!! I would have loved to see the expression on the cashier's face. I know I can never do that well because I don't have a store anywhere close that doubles coupons icon_cry.gif But I'm gonna keep clipping and do the best I can. Your sister really did great too. Wow, I'd love to get 80.00 worth of coupons and only pay 50.00. I'm going shopping next week and I'll let ya know how I did. I'm so glad you posted, I feel incouraged... thumbs_up.gif

icon_lol.gif Wish you well, grasshopper! icon_lol.gif

butternut Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 7:44pm
post #14 of 20

OK, I just got back from the store and used my coupons. I think I did pretty good for my first time out. My groceries came to 250.00 and I had 110.00 in coupons, making my bill come to 140.00. Not great but hey, I'm pretty darned happy about it thumbs_up.gif especially since I can't get doubled coupons. Let's see, I guess that's about 44 % savings. Yeah, I'm happy with that. I just need to learn how to organize my coupons better. In the middle of the store my coupon holder fell over and they all scattered everywhere. Now, that was a disaster. Now I can look back and laugh about it but then, well, wasn't so funny. I still think that this lady who saw what happened picked up one of my coupons and kept it icon_rolleyes.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 8:17pm
post #15 of 20

Not that great?!?! You just saved $110!!!

butternut Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 8:25pm
post #16 of 20

Ya know what??? You're right, that is great.... I'm still smiling icon_biggrin.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:33am
post #17 of 20

Hubby just came home from the grocery store and spent about $90. Now we average about $120 a week (two adults and one growing 11yo boy who currently wears a size 10 men's shoe!). I bet we could have shaved at least $10 off with coupons, more with buying what is on sale. Hubby doesn't want to compromise and buy what is on sale just to save a buck. Doesn't want to eat whatever (crappy beef, he says, lol!) is on sale, blah, blah blah. LOL! I said we need to be creative with our dinners, try new things, etc. We'll see if I can break him down. icon_smile.gif

butternut Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 12:14pm
post #18 of 20

I only use coupons on the food that I always get otherwise I would have saved a fortune. I won't compromise what we normally eat and like because I have coupons for other brands. I guess that's why I'll never be able to save over 50% on my bill. I'm the same with meat too. I absolutely love the Angus beef and even though that's a bit more expensive I still get it. We don't eat that much beef anyway so it's not too bad. This past month our business slowed down a bit so I had the time to go online and find only the coupons that I would use. It was really fun and a challenge. I'm always up for a good challenge except of course when it comes to the challenge of losing weight icon_rolleyes.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:02pm
post #19 of 20

Oh right, I won't compromise either, but right now we eat the same thing every single week and need to break out of that rut to find new and interesting meals and hopefully save a buck.....or $20!

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 6:49am
post #20 of 20

This is right up my alley! I've been a coupon queen for over 5 years now thanks to CouponSense.com. This coupon program started out in Arizona ( where I live) but has gone nationwide. I highly encourage you all to give it a try!

Here in Arizona, all our grocery stores except Albertsons double coupons every day and often times triple coupons. The whole Coupon Sense program is THE BOMB! They do all the work for you. It costs just over $3 per week to join and the cost of your newspapers but you save far more than that after just one shopping trip so it pays for itself. All you do is save the coupon inserts from the Sunday paper. They tell you how to do a filing system so that you keep the whole insert and only clip the coupons you need each week. ( SO much better than cutting a gazillion coupons) Then they have a program that shows you the weekly ad items at all the grocery stores and stores like Walgreens, Target, CVS and a couple others. They tell you what's on sale, which coupon to use to match up with the sale price and your cost. You don't have to go through each store's ad yourself to find good deals because they do all the work for you.

I get free stuff ALL the time and rarely pay more than .50c - $1.00 for things like condiments, hair care products, boxed noodles or potatoes and tons more things. There's no catch, no gimmicks and it honest to goodness works! I swear by it! Granted, if you're not in a state that doubles coupons all the time, your savings wouldn't be as high but on average I save 55-62% every single time I go shopping! No joke!
One of the best things is the message boards there because people will post great deals all the time.

The best I ever did was probably about 5 years ago when they had a double dollar days where all coupons up to one dollar were doubled. I got $395 worth of groceries for $90!

Anyway, check it out at http://couponsense.com/es/expertshopper.html

Here are some online coupon site you can print coupons from too:
Betty Crocker
Box Tops for Education
Cool Savings
Coupon Cat
My Coupons
Shamrock Farms
Smart Source
Start Sampling
Taylortown coupons

Hope that helps!