Where To Buy Marzipan And Clear Lemon Extract In Atlanta??

Decorating By Ito Updated 5 Jul 2008 , 6:38am by Ito

Ito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ito Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 7

Hello Everyone,
Does anyone know where I can buy some good quality MARZIPAN and clear lemon extract?? All I keep finding is Almond paste?? I understand Marzipan is not as sugary as Almond paste. I have a cake to make for a party next week and my recipe calls for Marzipan.
Can anyone please tell me where I can buy some locally or online??

Thank you.
Ito

6 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 10:40pm
post #2 of 7

Adams brand lemon extract is clear.

Also, if you have World Market there they sell marzipan. You can also make your own with almond meal from the gourmet grocery store or the health food store, mixed with some powdered sugar and corn syrup and almond flavoring.

Ito Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

Adams brand lemon extract is clear.

Also, if you have World Market there they sell marzipan. You can also make your own with almond meal from the gourmet grocery store or the health food store, mixed with some powdered sugar and corn syrup and almond flavoring.

Thank you so much Texas_Rose. I do have a World Market store where I live. I will stop by tomorrow to see if they have any Marzipan there.

Which store do you normally buy your Clear Lemon Extract???

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 10:55pm
post #4 of 7

Hi, I'm not sure what part of town you're in but there is a cake supply store called Cake Art on Lawrenceville Hwy. They have almost everything and I know they do carry marzipan. Here's their site:

http://www.cakeartpartystore.com/store/default.asp?idAffiliate=

You could probably check Nicholas Lodge's store off of Jimmy Carter too.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 7

I've never been to Atlanta so I don't know if Adams brand is really common there like it is here. Walmart carries it here...it's a white box with red letters on it. They have lots of flavors. Not all are clear, but the lemon is icon_biggrin.gif

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 10:56pm
post #6 of 7

I dont know were in Atlanta you live,but off there is a cake supley shop called Cake Art on Lawrenceville Hwy I think its exit 38 off of 285.It is great and they carry just about everything.They have a website cakeartpartystore.com

Ito Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 6:38am
post #7 of 7

Thanks Everyone. I do know of the Cake Art store on Lawrenceville HWY. I did buy some Almond paste /Marzipan from there but the one I got had Almond paste/Marzipan written on it so I was not sure if the product was one and the same. I know Almond paste has more sugar in it than Marzipan.
But anyway, I will check out World Market to see what I can find there, and Walmart for the Clear Lemon Extract.
Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%