What's The Biggest Cake You've Ever Made?

Decorating By gottabakenow Updated 4 Jul 2008 , 1:40am by gleep

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:18am
post #1 of 3

Just curious, all of a sudden... icon_wink.gif 10 tiers with pillars? 7 tiers with 2 stairs and a fountain with 2 tiers on pillars?

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:36am
post #2 of 3

600 servings -- let's see I think it was 5 tier cakes.

One big momma center cake the bottom tier was a 16 round surrounded with six inchers cut in half to make it scalloped y'know? Then another just round 16 on top of that and a few more tiers going up.

Then there were 4 more tier cakes . Two were topped with fountains if memory serves and I mean I can't even remember all what it was to be honest. Big sweet mess.

I mean I knew I sucked with a camera so I got my brother aka camera-boy to do the honors. Ok this was all back in the day and he forgot to take the lens cap off. haha ha yeahthat'snotfunny.

Then I had to make two trips to deliver it all. I screwed up the groom's cake--nevermind that story. But I bumped my head on the open hatch of the car and squished my nose into a cake that I was holding while I was backing myself out of the station wagon. That really was pretty funny. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

gleep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gleep Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:40am
post #3 of 3

Mine isn't close to K8's! It served about 350. It only stood 2'2" tall but it was long and wide at the base.

You can see it here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%