I Know Many Of You Hate Wilton's Butter Cream...

Decorating By emrldsky Updated 8 Jul 2008 , 5:19am by KKC

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 9

But I made it taste better! lol

Instead of vanilla or butter flavoring (I add the butter flavoring if I use all shortening), I added the Princess Cake and Cookie emulsion!

Not only did it cut down on the sweetness, but it made a very complementary flavor for the DH Dark Chocolate Fudge cake AND Satin Ice fondant. mmmmmmmm icon_wink.gif

So glad I did that, and I just had to share.

8 replies
charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 7:41pm
post #2 of 9

That's great!! I haven't seen/heard of this yet. I have the creme bouquet adn the wedding bouquet. How is the Princess cake and cookie different?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 9

Princess cake & cookie flavoring has a nut component. (Otherwise, it's pretty similar to Creme Bouquet.)

I used Wilton's b/c recipes for many years. But I find the hi-ratio recipes are more stable, lighter and have a much better mouth-feel.

If you like Wilton's recipe, perhaps you'd like to try Indydebi's Crisco based b/c recipe:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6992-Indydebis-Crisco-Based-Buttercream-Icing.html

Or perhaps, the High Humidity b/c:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-4123-High-Humidity-Buttercream.html

Both recipes have a larger proportion of p/s to Crisco, so they're lighter and have a better mouth feel (but the extra ingredients add stability).

Just a thought.

HTH

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 9

Princess Cake & Cookie flavoring is great stuff! I really like the taste. The only slight drawback is that it is a sort of deeper tan color - so it isn't optimal if you are in need of true white BC.

Dana8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dana8 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 8:20pm
post #5 of 9

where do get Princess cake & cookie flavoring . What do they taste like? Is it worth it to get them? Thanks Dana

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 8:37pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks JanH and awolf24 for the info!

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:37am
post #7 of 9

I use Wilton's buttercream in the bucket when I am pressed for time...I just add a little more vanilla and butter flavor. I didn't want to admit it because I was a bit ashamed!!!

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 11:14pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivia

I use Wilton's buttercream in the bucket when I am pressed for time...I just add a little more vanilla and butter flavor. I didn't want to admit it because I was a bit ashamed!!!

Dont' feel bad! you're not the only one! i wasn't happy w/ the way my bc was turning out because i had lost my ka paddle a while back adn my whip just never did the job well. so i just said, forget it and bought a bucket! LOL i know, i know, but hey, when you're backs against the wall.... now i have my paddle. i don't think i'll buy anymore buckets.... at least that's my story and i'm sticking to it! icon_wink.gif

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 5:19am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby2uesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivia

Dont' feel bad! you're not the only one! i wasn't happy w/ the way my bc was turning out because i had lost my ka paddle a while back adn my whip just never did the job well. so i just said, forget it and bought a bucket! LOL i know, i know, but hey, when you're backs against the wall.... now i have my paddle. i don't think i'll buy anymore buckets.... at least that's my story and i'm sticking to it! icon_wink.gif

Oh Good, I'm not alone lol...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%