Monogram Wedding Cookies...size?

Baking By GeminiRJ Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 1:05am by cwcopeland

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 9

I have a friend wanting monogram cookies for her daughter's wedding (I caved and told her I'd do them, in case you saw my previous post). What size do you usually make these cookies? I always thought they were fairly small, maybe 1.5" square. It looks like she wants 3" to 4" cookies, which I do not want to do! Wouldn't a big cookie like that with just an initial look odd?

8 replies
dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 9

i love monogramed cookies for weddings, i've done a few. i think 1 or 2 inches are too small. i usually make them 4 inches. also, remember that most brides like to place the cookies on the plate at all the tables...something as small as one inch would look goofy, IMO...

onceuponacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onceuponacookie Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 9

I think a three inch would be a nice size. Four inch does seem a little big, IMO. : )

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 9

I did monogram cookies for my sister's wedding favors. Here's the link if you wanna see how they turned out.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1215497

They are about 3" squares and I would NOT recommend going any smaller. There's not much more work in doing a bigger cookie than a small one if you've got a good assembly line going. The bigger the cookie, the more impressive. There were so many compliments at the wedding.

I baked in one day, glazed the cookies one day, airbrushed one day piped the border one day (with hubby's help, my hand got to tired and he got a crash course in a snail's trail), and packaged the next day.

Good luck and if I can help, let me know!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 9

I guess I'll have to re-think the whole size thing and just give her what she wants! Thanks cwcopeland for the picture. The cookies look so nice, maybe I just thougth they were smaller because they look dainty!

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:27am
post #6 of 9

What was the process to get the monogram on? Was it a stencil or a stamp? I would love to do these, but I have the worst hand writing. Any suggestions?

cwcopeland Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 12:26pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetmar

What was the process to get the monogram on? Was it a stencil or a stamp? I would love to do these, but I have the worst hand writing. Any suggestions?

If you're talking about my cookies, I used a stencil and airbrush to get the monogram on there. It was so easy! There's no way I could have done it by free hand either.

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 10:25pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks, I have to run to Michaels and Hobby Lobby tomorrow, I will look at some stencils, unless you have a website that you use.

cwcopeland Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 1:05am
post #9 of 9

I did get mine online but don't remember where.

I'm sure Michael's or Hobby Lobby would have them, though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%