John Costello's Dvd

Decorating By Charmed Updated 5 Jul 2008 , 5:15pm by Charmed

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone bought his chocolate DVD? if so how is it? Does it worth buying it? I would like to know if it is a detailed and informative dvd before buying it!!

4 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 5

I do have this DVD, and I learned quite a bit. I am very new to chocolate, though, so I may not be the best judge of "informative" LOL. I also have Ewald Notter's chocolate decorations, and the two show different approaches and techniques. They were both worthwhile investments for me thumbs_up.gif

Charmed Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 3:41am
post #3 of 5

Hi ibmose,
thanks for your reply. I have notter's DVD too!! Is costello better or detailed than Notter?

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 2:52pm
post #4 of 5

Probably as detailed, just slightly different techniques and approaches. Costello covers basics, gives some recipes, and shows a lot of detail just like Notter, but there are some different aspects covered by the two artists along with presentation of individual applications. I like seeing how different people accomplish similar results. There are no obvious conflicts of information or instruction - just individual variations and some different applications.

Charmed Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 5:15pm
post #5 of 5

Just wanted to thank you again ibmose thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%