Jennifer Dontz Dvd's

Decorating By Bakingangel Updated 5 Jul 2008 , 11:54pm by JenniferMI

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 7:20am
post #1 of 13

I just received both of Jennifer's DVDs and they are wonderful! She is an excellent teacher. I have learned so much about fondant and candy clay! She takes the intimidation factor out of fondant. I've been a buttercream girl up until now, but after watching her DVD's it's time to branch out to fondant covered cakes. I highly recommend her DVDs!

Linda

12 replies
drgaddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drgaddy Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 7:39am
post #2 of 13

I love her work. Where can I order the DVDs from? Thanks!

miss_sweetstory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss_sweetstory Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 7:46am
post #3 of 13
Bakingangel Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 7:51am
post #4 of 13

www.jenniferdontz.com

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:35pm
post #5 of 13

Thanks for the info - maybe I'll pick up her Fun with Fondant Frills. I have the Sugarshack fondant DVD (which is great) - does anyone know if getting Jennifer's Easy and Tasty Way to Perfect Fondant has more/different information.

I hope she does a DVD on her GP flowers - hers are terrific!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 8:22pm
post #6 of 13

Hi!

Thanks ladies!!!

Sharon's and my techniques are different, but I really feel you can learn from both of us icon_smile.gif

If these go over well, my hope is to do a rose, stephanotis and ivy DVD next.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Bakingangel Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 8:32pm
post #7 of 13

Jennifer's fondant and fondant covered cake methods are different. I love the extra tips she gives on her perfect fondant dvd too! They are such a great bonus! I have both dvds and they are worth their weight in gold to me!

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 8:43pm
post #8 of 13

I just have to get those DVDs!!

JenniferMI Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:11am
post #9 of 13

Thanks!!!

Bakinangel, SO glad you like the DVD's!! That makes my day! I thought it's about time I put these products I developed out for the world to hopefully enjoy as much as I do icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:14am
post #10 of 13

Jennifer,
How does your fondant chocolate hybrid hold up in the heat? Chocolate in FL can be sort of risky.

JenniferMI Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 12:32pm
post #11 of 13

Peacockplace -

I have never had an issue with it. But I am in Michigan. I think if you work in an air conditioned enviornment and deliver to a venue with air, I really don't think you should have issues. I know gals down in TX that use choc. fondant all the time.

I can tell you this.... we get pretty darn humid in August, usually just a few days though. Anyway, last year I had two outdoor weddings and THE MOST humid, hot day in August. I was leary, and always tell my customes I can't guarantee because of weather.... they both held up and cut BEAUTIFULLY! I was worried the fondant would get tacky and the knife would have a hard time getting thru. Not the case at all. If you refrigerate your cakes that certainly would firm it up well. This fondant firms up really nice, not real soft at all. It's soft when you make it, but you need to let it firm up at least overnite before using it.

I don't have any issues with this fondant, no tiny cracking, no sagging... nothing. It is wonderful stuff! I start with Pettinice. I think if I couldn't get Pettinice, I would shrivel up and die - LOL! I can't tell you HOW MANY couples I have come over and they say,.... oh, we don't want fondant. They were to a wedding and thought it was gross. They try mine and ORDER IT! 99.9% of my wedding business is fondant. That's a pretty good track record I would say. I live in a small town and never thought they would pay extra for fondant, but when they taste it and see the beautiful dummy cakes sitting in front of them, they want it. It's so funny to see them say "oh my gosh, this IS good!"

If you have more questions, please ask away!

Jen icon_smile.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:47pm
post #12 of 13

Thanks Jennifer! I use Pettinice too and I love it! Your cakes are so great! I emailed you yesterday about your Orlando class. Is it still open? You can send me a PM if you want.

JenniferMI Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 11:54pm
post #13 of 13

Still have openings for Orlando, come join the fun!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%