My Last Months Electric Bill

Business By littlecake Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 1:05pm by chovest

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 4:43am
post #1 of 7

icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif was 10 bucks icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

last year they put on a new digital meter....after i got the bill i went outside to look at the meter...it is not moving hardly at all...

i called them right after i got the bill...and they haven't fixed it yet...

looks like they woulda sent somebody right out....

i don't wanna get a bill for a million bucks, or get in trouble, wonder if i should call them again?

6 replies
kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 4:52am
post #2 of 7

Maybe wait until the next bill? That's really odd... But nice, for now... icon_lol.gif

And seriously, you WOULD think they'd have sent someone out PRONTO... icon_confused.gif

kbrown99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbrown99 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 4:54am
post #3 of 7

I don't know what to tell you. In Utah, they had that problem with the gas company. They (gas company) turned around and charged the customers for the back amounts. Some went ahead and paid it. Others took it to the state and said it wasn't fair for the customers to pay for the company's mistake. I'm not sure how it was decided, but at least temporarily, the company was blocked from collecting the back amounts. If you do call them, make sure you write down who you talked to and what they said so that if they try to come back at you, you have the back-up to say you attempted to fix the problem and weren't trying to take advantage. HTH

deanwithana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanwithana Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 4:56am
post #4 of 7

It seems as though it would be a blessing but this could also come back to haunt you. I had this happen to a lady down my street.....after she called she figured, well I have let them know and it is not my problem.......well, after they decided to fix the problem it was over a year later. They went back on her old bills to find an average as to what was used at her location over the period that the meter was off. They then estimated the mis-calculated bills off of the that total!!!! Well, the total that she had to pay within a 30 day period was over $3000 or they were turning her off. Just saying........

I would just be sure to call and be sure that you get the name, office location, time spoken to, date, badge number, etc of the person you are speaking with.........

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:56am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwithana

It seems as though it would be a blessing but this could also come back to haunt you. I had this happen to a lady down my street.....after she called she figured, well I have let them know and it is not my problem.......well, after they decided to fix the problem it was over a year later. They went back on her old bills to find an average as to what was used at her location over the period that the meter was off. They then estimated the mis-calculated bills off of the that total!!!! Well, the total that she had to pay within a 30 day period was over $3000 or they were turning her off. Just saying........

I would just be sure to call and be sure that you get the name, office location, time spoken to, date, badge number, etc of the person you are speaking with.........

yeah, i figured that this is what will happen, i think i'll put the money it would cost in a savings account....i think i'll call them again tomorrow.

GRRRRR...it's always something!

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:39pm
post #6 of 7

Yikes... mine was $350.00. I'd love $10.00 bill!!! icon_biggrin.gif Hope they don't charge you a bunch a back fees.

chovest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chovest Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:05pm
post #7 of 7

I'd play it safe and call again. The same thing happened with our remote reader for our water. Ours was lower, but not suspiciously low where I questioned it. It took them a few months to figure out our reading was always the same. We received a rather large bill for the back amount. They did let us spread it out over the same number of months it occurred, but still was upsetting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%