Urgent Filling Question

Decorating By Lenette Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 10:25pm by Tamz

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:12am
post #1 of 9

I have a wedding Friday with like a whipped cream cheese type filling. My concern is the whipped cream.

I would like to have the cake pretty much done tomorrow night. If I fill and frost the cakes tomorrow and keep it in the fridge will the filling be okay?

I am worried that the whipped cream will break down, start to weep or something.

Again, it will be refrigerated until delivery except for the time to ice and decorate it. Thanks for your help!

8 replies
cakesbyallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyallison Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 4:47am
post #2 of 9

I've often thought about this / worried about this! ...and am curious too to see how others do it... especially w/ mousse fillings, and fondant! (I don't refrigerate my fondant). I have done mousse fillings w/ buttercream, filled and iced and served the next day and they were fine. I think any more than that, you do risk that cream breaking down.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:39am
post #3 of 9

There is a whipped icing recipe on here somewhere...it is made with all sugar and shortenings and some flavorings. I use it all the time..and love it!

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:16pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks!

This filling is something specifically requested by the bride so I have to make it work even if that means I can't put the cake together until the day of.

Isn't there a way to stabilize whipped cream? I am pretty sure I read it somewhere... I'll have to dig through my cake book arsenal. icon_wink.gif

danijus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danijus Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:06pm
post #5 of 9

I just made a cake filled with raspberry mousse and covered in fondant. I did refrigerate it. I covered the cake with plastic wrap (not too tightly) and there was no condensation on the cake at all. The customer said the cake and filling were great.

tygre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tygre Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:43pm
post #6 of 9

Whipped cream fillings/icings can be stablized with geletin (like Knox), but if it were me I would still refrigerate. There should be a reciepe on here for it.

NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:59pm
post #7 of 9

There is a product that one of our more upscale grocery stores in this area carries, it is called "Whip It" it is on the baking isle. You can add it to stabilize whipped cream. Hope this helps.

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:07pm
post #8 of 9

y cake store sells a whip cream stabilizer...powder stuff...and I use it all the time, and refridgerate over night...

Tamz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tamz Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:25pm
post #9 of 9

I don't know if you can find it in your area, but I use Dream Whip - you add it to your milk or whipping cream. It helps keep your filling stabilized.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%