Cinderella Carriage

Decorating By deetmar Updated 4 Jul 2008 , 6:46pm by deetmar

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:22am
post #1 of 14

Does anybody know howclever-squirrel made her Cinderella carriage? I have PM'd her a couple times, but she must be busy.

She did an awesome job and I would really like to know how she did it.

Thanks.

13 replies
bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:29am
post #2 of 14

Wow. Hers is really cool. I know there's a ton of carriages so I thought I'd find something similar so you could PM someone else for instructions. Hers really is one of a kind though!

deetmar Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:50am
post #3 of 14

Thanks for thinking of that for me. I just haven't seen any others like hers. I have PM'd her twice, but she must be busy.

I was hoping someone else would know how to do it. I would really like to add it to one of my castle cakes.

Her horses are amazing also. She put they are out of fondant, but I don't know how she got them to stand up.

Any help?

bizatchgirl Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:10am
post #4 of 14

Did you try PMing the other two people who asked her to see if maybe she responded to one of them? Prob not if she's been too busy to respond to you. icon_redface.gif Maybe one of those is you? For the horses...maybe something between them connecting them, like a harness? You could disguise it with a vine and flowers. Maybe make their legs really long, attach something as a dowel, cut a hole in the cake and stick it way down? For the carriage...I can't see how you'd get something out from under that shape...it's too round. If you molded it on something that round, however would you get it off??? Could you try like a papier mache type thing by using a balloon and wrap it was paper then crisco it. Then lay your fondant/gumpaste over it and score your lines and let it dry. Then pop the balloon?

I'm sorry, by no means am I an expert, but no one else is answering, so these would be the things I would try if I had to do it totally on my own.

Also, Doug is the best around for structural type questions. Maybe PM him and see if he's around and can offer more expert assistance.

deetmar Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:19am
post #5 of 14

I was thinking of the balloon thing too. I'll look and maybe try to PM some of the others.

She did a fantastic job and I really would like to learn to do it.

Thanks for the reply.

bizatchgirl Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:26am
post #6 of 14

I did mean saran wrap icon_redface.gif I really hope someone with more experience gets on here and answers! I'd like to see how to do it too, for when I'm brave enough to give it a shot! The closest thing I saw to this in the gallery was a sugar egg. What a pain and wouldn't get you the look you want.

deetmar Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:30am
post #7 of 14

Maybe she will see this and PM or e-mail one of us.

bizatchgirl Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:34am
post #8 of 14

One can only hope icon_biggrin.gif

LovelyCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LovelyCreations Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:44am
post #9 of 14

Well, it is currently 6:45 am where she's from (Israel) so she may answer those questions while we're all catching our Z's.

deetmar Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:55pm
post #10 of 14

Still no answers icon_cry.gif

bizatchgirl Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 11:42pm
post #11 of 14

I'm sorry! I came back on here with my fingers crossed, hoping you'd got an answer from someone!

deetmar Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:00am
post #12 of 14

Maybe she doesn't want us to know? I was hoping that somebody would know how to do it. Pleeee ase!

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:13am
post #13 of 14

awesome cake. I would form it with gumpaste on a ball pan, half at a time. while it's on the pan and still soft i would cut windows and door out. attach the halves together with royal icing when dry. maybe? would it work? icon_confused.gif

deetmar Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 6:46pm
post #14 of 14

It's worth a try. I will see if I get time this weekend and let you guys know. It would be nice if cleve-squirell would see this and let us know. She must be busy. I understand that other people have a life that doesn't rotate around CC. But not me icon_surprised.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%